Any good for lamping?

Looking for a lamp to go lamping with and found this from Tool Station:

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Lighting/Torches/2M+Candle+Power+Search+Light/d220/sd2490/p17514

Do you think it would do the job? It's a lot cheaper than any hunting lamp i have seen so i'm a little dubious, what do you think, is it up to the job?

any feedback or other options would be great

cheers

As others have said, its more the battery you use rather than the lamp.

Beleive it or not my "lamp" consists of a car spot light, bolted to a bit of metal which holds a motorbike battery. Whole thing made from bits in my shed. Can light up a whole field pretty easily and the battery lasts days. Only problem is, i havent fitted a dimmer yet, so its very much on / off. But, ive had loads of sucess with it lamping.

That would be useless, I can't see if it even mentions varible beam, so it could be lighting up the whole field or just in one spot, i tried with one similar years ago and it didn't even come close to a deben tracer never mind a SL170 striker.....

You can get copy versions of lightforce SL170, (U Caller Night Eye) they even use the same filters, but they make copy filters as well which work out slightly cheaper, my mate uses one and i've seen no difference between the two makes....

battrey wise normal AA, AAA, C, D etc are also usless, SLA batteries will get you going until you saved for a Lithium-Ion 22ah its the way to go for sure, how i coped before i don't know!

That would be useless, I can't see if it even mentions varible beam, so it could be lighting up the whole field or just in one spot, i tried with one similar years ago and it didn't even come close to a deben tracer never mind a SL170 striker.....

You can get copy versions of lightforce SL170, (U Caller Night Eye) they even use the same filters, but they make copy filters as well which work out slightly cheaper, my mate uses one and i've seen no difference between the two makes....

battrey wise normal AA, AAA, C, D etc are also usless, SLA batteries will get you going until you saved for a Lithium-Ion 22ah its the way to go for sure, how i coped before i don't know!

Where did you get your lithium ion 22ah batteries from,and what price.Do they last a lot longer than sla ones.

I just dug out the receipt, it was £208.40 all in delivered from www.opticswarehouse.co.uk which was the cheapest I could find at the time, about £20 saving over Deben’s price.

It lasts as long as 22ah SLA equivalent I suppose (not that I've used one that big, used to be 2 x 9ah), but 22ah SLA weighs about 7-8kg, the LI weighs 1.2kg and half the size, it’s also more consistent, it doesn’t dim like SLA do and charges quicker, chargeable from the car and comes with all the bits to charge it with and a pouch.

Fully charged and 5-6 hour night is no problem and I've never run it flat!

if you need a cheap option, i bought this lamp 2 years ago and i have only just managed to brake it! cut off the cigarette lighter end, attatch 2 spade connectors and put them straight to a clulite battery or a motobike battery...job done! i got a second hand 12v alarm battery and i think my set up was about £30!

http://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk/product/964b1a801272fa1517362664/NIGHTBLASTER+lamp/