hi guys im after some advice iv been into most fieldsports from a young age im now 24 and i would like to apply for my FAC but before i jump in i want to do some homework, im in the middle of getting some permission letters together for land owners that i know to sign, all i would like is advice on what rifle/calibre to get the only thing i want to shoot is rabbits and maybe the odd fox, i do have a SGC and iv had that since i was about 15.

thanks barky

hi guys im after some advice iv been into most fieldsports from a young age im now 24 and i would like to apply for my FAC but before i jump in i want to do some homework, im in the middle of getting some permission letters together for land owners that i know to sign, all i would like is advice on what rifle/calibre to get the only thing i want to shoot is rabbits and maybe the odd fox, i do have a SGC and iv had that since i was about 15.

thanks barky

Get yourself a 22 rimefire for the bunnies, and a good starter for the foxes is a 22/250, remember and also request moderators for both, shouldnt be any problems, as long as you have someone to say you will be shooting these rifles on there ground.

ATB. Jimmy :gunsmilie:

it may differ slightly on the fox, depending what area you come under, also it may differ as Im a pestie, but I opted to apply for a .22 rimfire only, rabbits and small ground vermin, had the FAO visit, and got my ticket, open on first application, and in the notes at bottom is states Im ok to use it for pest control jobs to humainly dispatch ANY ANIMAL, therefore can use it on foxes, close range of course

cheers guy as i said i want to do my homework first maybe just the 22rimfire will do as most foxes i shot are in traps anyway, im in the avon and somerset area has anyone had dealings with them good or bad?