how to stop my 11week old ferret from biteing

carry on handling him as much as possible, try putting some malt paste or spittle on your hand for him to lick, you'll get loads saying, flick nose,push fingers into throat, but its not neccessary, just lots of handling,

thanks its fed meat and a take it out the hutch to run around not got a run yet

if your finding the worst of the bitings when you get the kit out of the hutch for its playtime so to speak... let it run off some of the energy first before you handle it

Or if you just want it to get used to being handled then do that after its eaten.. kits with a full belly are usually easier to handle than hungry kits

Good luck :thumbs:

he was fine all day a went in from the back and had a burger then [bANNED TEXT] back out then he started to bite i just got him today he was fine till i had a burger and i have been handeln him all day he has still been biten how long do you thing a will need to keep handeln him for till he stops

he was fine all day a went in from the back and had a burger then [bANNED TEXT] back out then he started to bite i just got him today he was fine till i had a burger and i have been handeln him all day he has still been biten how long do you thing a will need to keep handeln him for till he stops

wash your hands after eating .. he very probably smelt the food you had eaten :thumbs:

As much as you can really, did you say you only had one kit?

yh mate a was going to get to but this is ma first ferret a have family members that have ferrets but they dont stay neer me. am more in to lurchers but im given ferreting a bash

If I were you I would get another kit, its no harder to look after two, they always seem to be better in pairs :thumbs: