Pet owners?

You quoted a question I put to btn and you replied with a totally inappropriate answer and you consider I lack basic comprehension? No wonder you no longer teach.

Y.I.S Leeview

It was only inappropriate to you because you didn't see the point i was making.

Hence the lack of comprehension, something you seem to suffer with when reading the posts of anyone you don't like.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's not black and white is it and that should be f*****g obvious or your a retard. I have ferrets as 'pets', i work them very hard during the season at least 3-4 days a week. I would not keep any pet

Do you think you could of gained equally as sound advice on working them on a pet ferret forum :no:

Y.I.S Leeview

Some of the advice on general care and treatment of disease ON HERE is pretty dodgy.

My question and your answer which I fail to see your point :whistling: Now if you felt that "advice on general care and treatment of disease ON HERE is pretty dodgy" why quote myself?

Y.I.S Leeview

Do you think you could of gained equally as sound advice on working them on a pet ferret forum :no:

Y.I.S Leeview

Some of the advice on general care and treatment of disease ON HERE is pretty dodgy.

My question and your answer which I fail to see your point :whistling: Now if you felt that "advice on general care and treatment of disease ON HERE is pretty dodgy" why quote myself?

Y.I.S Leeview

the only reason he does not give uou a straight answer is because he just made that up.ive already asked him to give us an example of what he was meaning.

the only reason he does not give uou a straight answer is because he just made that up.ive already asked him to give us an example of what he was meaning.

Wrong.

OK, here goes: say what you like about pet forums, but they do contain some members who know a fair bit about ferrets. So you can get some good info regarding ailments and nip training. HOWEVER most of them don't hunt. So you'd need to be slightly demented to think they are going to be a good source of info RE ferretting.

Hunting forums have plenty of experienced ferreters on them, but their idea of ferret care is sometimes a bit different to that of the average pet owner, especially when it comes to vets.

None of this is concrete. There are ferreters on the pet forums, and there's plenty of people on hunting forums who get their animal to the vet in the first instance.

Horses for courses pal.

Wrong.

OK, here goes: say what you like about pet forums, but they do contain some members who know a fair bit about ferrets. So you can get some good info regarding ailments and nip training. HOWEVER most of them don't hunt. So you'd need to be slightly demented to think they are going to be a good source of info RE ferretting.

Hunting forums have plenty of experienced ferreters on them, but their idea of ferret care is sometimes a bit different to that of the average pet owner, especially when it comes to vets.

None of this is concrete. There are ferreters on the pet forums, and there's plenty of people on hunting forums who get their animal to the vet in the first instance.

Horses for courses pal.

Running to the vet everytime the animal has a snivel won't do the animal or you any favours.

Vets will try and fill them up with antibiotics, which won't do the animal any good just the vets pockets.

The amount of knowledge of ferret health is limited and there are no ferret specific medications.

Maintaining a good living environment for ferrets is the most important.

:blink::blink::blink: whats this!! Not a fall out betwix the 3 of ya!

keep it up chaps!! :thumbs:

3 of who? I'm not falling out with anybody, life's too short! :D

I have retracted it now :laugh: that Leeview went and did it!!

Nor am I.

I'm older than Mal, even. So I've got even less time..... :laugh:

and I am Older :laugh::angel::doh:

I was going to stay clear of this post, let everyone else argue for a change, until I saw the post quoted below...

[quote name='canis lupus' date='26 July 2010 - 04:29 AM' timestamp='1280114995'

That is the one anoying thing about having a pet ferret not use to meat, they will not touch meat,

Im sorry, but they will if you dont molly coddle them, its just that they aint used to it, tip; removed all your dried food, stick a raw chicken leg in with them, they will eat when hungary

if we shut you in a room, with nothing but raw meat, you would at some time, rather than die of hunger, eat the meat, a ferret is no different :wallbash:

rant over

I was going to stay clear of this post, let everyone else argue for a change, until I saw the post quoted below...

That is the one anoying thing about having a pet ferret not use to meat, they will not touch meat,

Im sorry, but they will if you dont molly coddle them, its just that they aint used to it, tip; removed all your dried food, stick a raw chicken leg in with them, they will eat when hungary

if we shut you in a room, with nothing but raw meat, you would at some time, rather than die of hunger, eat the meat, a ferret is no different :wallbash:

rant over

2 reasons why I wouldn't do that

1, ferrets have a very short digestive track and I would see starving them for a long period of time wrong, to get my ferrets to eat meat they would proberly have to go a very very long time without food. (i'm two soft in other words)

2, I'd be to concerned about them picking up nasty bugs from there meat if left in for to long (again I'm to softs)

I'm personaly not to bothered about them eating meat, it be nice but it not the end of the world. I never understand why people get so anoyed when they find out your ferret doesn't eat meat.

rant over

1, ferrets have a very short digestive track and I would see starving them for a long period of time wrong, to get my ferrets to eat meat they would proberly have to go a very very long time without food. (i'm two soft in other words)

2, I'd be to concerned about them picking up nasty bugs from there meat if left in for to long (again I'm to softs)

I'm personaly not to bothered about them eating meat, it be nice but it not the end of the world. I never understand why people get so anoyed when they find out your ferret doesn't eat meat.

i think any meat would have to be pretty rank to knock a ferret off its feet .... as for them having to have food in there cage all the time ... mine get fed once a day when its been eaten they dont get anything else untill the next day

Simply feed at night remove any left overs the following morning ...

rant over

stubby was meaning that in theory

rant over

Because they're a meat eating animal and that is the most healthy and natural diet for them. You said you wished you could get them to eat some . . .