Wiltshire Rabbit Control Misleading?

I have been out tonight doing a spot of pest control with Magwitch, no doubt he will post pics tomorrow.

Whilst driving home he mentioned that he had come across a site named

"Wiltshire Rabbit Control", and ,that prominently featured on its home page , was a photo of a group of dead rabbits in the back of a car,accompanied with the caption

"Our favourite method of rabbit control is to use a high powered air rifle over a period of time".

The inference being that this was the method employed in taking these rabbits ,and that they were shot by MR Paul Finnerty,the owner of the web site

I should like to point out that none of the rabbits in the picture were shot with a "highpowered air rifle ,nor were they shot by the owner of Wiltshire Rabbit Control MR Paul Finnerty[/u].They were shot with Magwitch's .22 rimfire Anshutz,and the car they are in is mine.

To my knowledge neither Magwich or myself has ever met Mr Finnerty,and we both find his unauthorised use of our photos to promote his own web site, and business ,to be mis- leading and unethical .I presume Mr Finnerty uses this web site, perhaps some members might know what username he goes by?

I see no difference in what he has done than in someone taking a photo off here ,say for example a dog standing with a load of rabbits in front of it ,and saying "we find using dogs to be an effective way of controlling rabbits".

Wouldn't the viewer assume that the dog shown belonged to the person who showed the photo?

I would be grateful if anyone can share anymore info on on Mr Finnerty.Thanks.Inan.

Edited by inan

thats well out of order Inan, Ive left a question in their feedback section, doubt it will get answered or publishsized on their website, theres not many people out there that know that gutting technique is there :thumbdown:

thats well out of order Inan, Ive left a question in their feedback section, doubt it will get answered or publishsized on their website, theres not many people out there that know that gutting technique is there :thumbdown:

http://rabbitcontrol.farming.officelive.com/default.aspx

he has replied to your feedback,It is a smart site shame about using googled images :thumbdown:

Not to mention all of the spelling and grammar errors, you'd think he'd proof read it. Oh and he's been hunting for 7 whole years.

In one sentence he refers to the company as the "Wiltshite Rabbit Control", I don't know if this is intentional or not.

Seven years is not a long time ,but long enough to have accumulated photographic proof of your own efficiency as a rabbit controller I should think.

Thanks mate, and congrats on getting your firearms licence :thumbs:

I look forward to your photos.

http://rabbitcontrol.farming.officelive.com/default.aspx

he has replied to your feedback,It is a smart site shame about using googled images :thumbdown:

no, that one was already there, mines alot more slatting his use of others pictures,lol

Oh and he's been hunting for 7 whole years.

Everybody had to start somewhere...

Quite true, but starting by using other pest contollers photos, without asking ,or acknowledgment ,,and putting your own caption to them, is not the way to proceed in my opinion.

Would you go asking for permission / touting for business, with photos from this site,showing dead rabbits in them ,but rabbits that were not taken by you, something that was ,somehow not mentioned in the captions?

Edited by inan

Quite true, but starting by using other pest contollers photos, without asking ,or acknowledgment ,,and putting your own caption to them, is not the way to proceed in my opinion.

Would you go asking for permission / touting for business, with photos from this site,showing dead rabbits in them ,but rabbits that were not taken by you, something that was ,somehow not mentioned in the captions?

:yes: You fecking tell em ' Inan... :laugh:

This plagiarizing of 'another man's work'...be it images, or the written word,...is nothing new.... :thumbs:

All the best,.CHALKWARREN... :drink:

Something that you would have bitter experience of, I should imagine. :thumbs:

I agree that he's out of order to claim other peoples' hard work as his own. That's not a good way to do business and its unfair on you guys. Maybe you could contact his clients and offer YOUR services, they were your kills after all!

Maybe look at it a different way, you've got to admit it's quite flattering that he'd rather use your photos than his own which at the very least makes you a better photographer than him but most likely also a better pest controller than him too!

Keep up the good work!

I agree that he's out of order to claim other peoples' hard work as his own. That's not a good way to do business and its unfair on you guys. Maybe you could contact his clients and offer YOUR services, they were your kills after all!

Maybe look at it a different way, you've got to admit it's quite flattering that he'd rather use your photos than his own which at the very least makes you a better photographer than him but most likely also a better pest controller than him too!

Keep up the good work!

Wiltshire is a little out of our area.

It pains me to say it, but, Magwitch is responsible for the photos and not only that, he is a better shot than me . :wallbash:

I'd say you have a good case for theft of intellectual property rights. The copyright of a photograph rests with the photographer, and unauthorised publication is both a civil and a criminal offence. Not worth getting too heavy about it, but a letter demanding withdrawal would do no harm.

Ric

:blink: Christ it's a photo of a pile of dead bunnies. Get off your pedestal man, criminal this, civil that. You've all got too much time on your hands worrying about feck all :D

You'not wrong! I get carried away sometimes.

Ric :big_boss: