My New Ferret Hutch has Arrived

Hi, can i ask, why didnt you build a ferret court, where they can run about in tubbings and play, rather than have different floors in it. They are also much much easier to clean out?

They already have one of them this was made to measure,to sit between my kennel runs

My biggest hutch has two wire floors the first inch square wire then underneath that maybe half inch square wire i got it off my father who kept his ferrets out the road and didn't worry to much about the smell .First thing i did was get a sheet of ply cut to size and make a wooden floor .far easier to clean out every day .And i found that the piss rots the wire and ive had to replace it

I would love to have a look at your shittypoop corner. i would love to see how long your petshop rabbit hutchs last may be a year or two before they fall apart .

No petshop rabbit hutches in my set up, have always made my own ( us lasses can use tools too ) and they are built to last thanks..

I would love to have a look at your shittypoop corner. i would love to see how long your petshop rabbit hutchs last may be a year or two before they fall apart .

No petshop rabbit hutches in my set up, have always made my own ( us lasses can use tools too ) and they are built to last thanks..

i dont understand this post. No body even said anything to you.. Or mentioned your hutches or set ups???? Or said that gurls couldnt use tools!! :wallbash::wallbash:

post-5621-002055100 1279624638_thumb.jpg

Ohh Ye of little faith :feck:

post-5621-002055100 1279624638_thumb.jpg

As You can see and before you say it have made a cat litter tray to fit underneath which can be washed out daily for all the doubters :icon_redface:

For all those who pm me and Asked me for the makers name he will be attending our game fair and I am sure he would be happy to oblige,this set up is that well constructed it took three of us to lift it into place :notworthy:

post-5621-076439700 1279624756_thumb.jpg

And as You can see the most important thing is everyone happy and not a drop off shit on her :victory:

post-5621-095833400 1279624770_thumb.jpg

There's no problem with a partial mesh floor, it's when they're on the wire 100% of the time when they're active it could cause problems.

RE: Bumblefoot. I've heard the term used to describe infection of the foot in all sorts of animals, not just birds.

Hutch looks well made BTW. :good:

Edited by maltenby