My New Ferret Hutch has Arrived

does that shitting thru the mesh stuff work ? i always imagined the ferts wouldnt walk on it and the shit would get stuck to the spars

I had a cage given me a few yrs ago with one corner like that with a meshed floor.. to be honest they crapped in every other corner bar the one with the mesh :laugh:

I ended up getting a new floor put in all solid as it was a good cage

Are they gonna be 3 single hutch's or is it all one?

The mesh panels on the floor are going to create a mess, if the ferrets 'toilet' then another

poor bugger underneath might get covered in it.

Edited by joe14

Are they gonna be 3 single hutch's or is it all one?

The mesh panels on the floor are going to create a mess, if the ferrets 'toilet' then another

poor bugger underneath might get covered in it.

that is reason it might work for a day the poor buggers below will soon find if they go there they might get shit and piss on them, also not too keen on mesh floor as not too good for there feet, why not just put solid floor and add a litter tray for ease of cleaning.

I have worked and owned ferrets for 20years. they have always walked on mesh so they wont get foot rot . how would u like to walk on your bedroom floor on your bare feet full of shit and piss. and i dont feed mine on slops

I have worked and owned ferrets for 20years. they have always walked on mesh so they wont get foot rot . how would u like to walk on your bedroom floor on your bare feet full of shit and piss. and i dont feed mine on slops

They get bumble foot ( think thats what its called ) if they have to walk on mesh all the time, as for walking on their bedroom floor thats at the opposite end, and if its full of shit and piss clean them out more often.

• Like 2
:) ive got half mesh floor up one end of my cages my ferrets shit and piss up there all i have to do is put the hose on it and it all falls through i have a double story 1 never had the issue of them shitting on the 1s below the ferrets only go up there when they need to go to the toilet all different times 4 all of them i think it will work well

I personnally like the Idea, have seen it beore, australia I think it was, of course your going to get mixed reviews, but if it works for you, then who cares :thumbs:

bumblefoot is what birds get, their feet are designed for perches, but if kept in cages with no perches, directly on a wire floor, that results in bumblefoot

I personnally like the Idea, have seen it beore, australia I think it was, of course your going to get mixed reviews, but if it works for you, then who cares :thumbs:

bumblefoot is what birds get, their feet are designed for perches, but if kept in cages with no perches, directly on a wire floor, that results in bumblefoot

Thanks Stubbs

I am now unfortunately coming up to fiffty have worked and owned ferrets since I was seven,some living to a ripe old age ,never heard or seen bumble foot,as for shitting on the ones bellow hmm never had that before,hence the reason I wanted it made like this,my old one was similar,there will only be Two ferrets kept in this except when Young are born,and there is also wooden removable sleeping quarters to go in.

The litter tray will go underneath the hutch so it can be slid out and wash down daily.

Bread and milk who mentioned anything about feeding and slops,thats another thread I have never fed either :wallbash:

, as for walking on their bedroom floor thats at the opposite end, and if its full of shit and piss clean them out more often.

Spot on :thumbs:

Edited by longdog13