the best bit about being

is, being given an "open ticket" on your first FAC application

I cant stop grinning, ok, I probably proved I was capable of holding such, what with shooting on the underground, and what we have to carry out before shooting a single bird,ie risk assessments,method statements etc

I got my Section 5 (pistol) FAC on an 'open ticket' on my first application only for "The Humane dispatching of foxes in traps".

I did have to sit through a 3 hour written statement interview which was submitted to the Chief Constable with my application.

My 6 years in the Army (with references) may have helped my application as I had already had plenty of 'hands-on' experience on and off ranges and in different places with a whole variety of firearms.

On receipt of my certificate, I then put a variation straight in to get my .22lr Ruger 10/22.

I could prove my reasons of requiring such a firearm (business purposes) and the need to have the certificate on a 'open' basis to the Chief Constable.

I should add that I had total support, advice, guidance and help from my Firearm Enquiry Officer and my Gunsmith.

Edited by Urban Fox Control London

Open tickets are pretty much the norm under my police force, as long as you stipulate it on the application i have never known them to refuse anyone an open ticket.

Same as mine, they more or less always issue open certs.

yeah mr tea pot mine said same "even though im a full time employed pest control officer" so if ya got any tips on the right noises to make stubby ya can flick me a PM !!

all the best

d2d

I basically proved that when working on underground shoots, using an air rifle, mountains of paperwork had to be completed before one shot was fired, risk assessments, method statements, safe shot placement etc, plus I have certification from bisley on safe use of rifles, plus a number of other safety certifications

I explained I get numberous customers phoning asking for lamping to be done, and how quick could they "pass" land, he must of been satisfied that an open ticket was a safe option in my case