pure whippet or cross?

Guest fence_hopper

i'm quite lucky buy the sounds of it cleanspade my bitch is solidly built smashes cover stupid ammount of stamina very thick skinned as any short coated lurcher, thats what i get for doing my homework before i purchased one.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

full whippet waste of time ived seen the so called best take no abuse espically if its raining get yourself bed dlington cross

Posted Images

Guest fence_hopper

your not wrong trigger there abit pricey thats why when there x'd with lurchers makes them more affordable. my bitch aint the best i will admit but this will only be her second season and if i can get her to slow down use her head a little i'll have a descent little bitch.

some lovely whippet cross pups on here :thumbs:

full whippet waste of time ived seen the so called best take no abuse espically if its raining get yourself bed dlington cross

you no nothing about whippets then :doh::doh:

:thumbs: well said chunk, I have in the past put pics up of whippets retrieving all manner of things, much the same as your pair, but they still get knocked especially as mine dont have any SS blood in them.

let me say what I think, if you breed 2 kc whippets together you know exactly what you are getting...kc whippets, virtually every whippet can become a good rabbit catcher etc

if you breed 2 lurchers together you are not sure what you are going to get, and a lot of lurcher to lurcher pups in a litter become what we term as wastage and are unable to catch anything.

HOWEVER a great lurcher is better than a great whippet but imo you have more chance of getting a good whippet than a good lurcher, the lurchers plus however is can can breed for job specific.

Also the wives tale that the whippet is naturally a wimp is just that a wives tale, whippets are made into wimps normally by fat old ladies claiming disability sat in a tax exempt 4wd parked at the side of a show ring.No matter the weather my three are never coated and dont suffer for it

ALL OF THE ABOVE IS JUST MY OPINION

well said :thumbs:

thats what this is all about uve your opinion ived mine

I have a two and a half year old whippet dog, red brindle in colour, he is the first running dog that i have ever had, game as the terriers , works cover, catches rabbits, works well with the ferrets, marks, has a relatively good nose, and is a total pleasure to have around, Yes he or they arnt as good as good lurchers, well not the ones i have been out with anyway, but they are fun to be around, so yes i would purchase a whippet for hunting rabbits along the dunes, its all down to personal choice, so good luck with your new running dog whatever the breed.

Guest fence_hopper

ive seen a few. they all tore easily and felt the cold to the point i felt sorry for them. all where lighning fast and great to watch. i'm sure there are whippets that would prove me wrong but i can only say as i see :thumbs:

thats a fair account mate, like me i can only speak for my bitch :thumbs:

when i hear this shit whippets tear and rip easy.ive been working whippets alongside my lurchers and terriers for about 10 years now and never have 1 rip or tear and i train mine 2 work the cover with the terriers and they never cut i think this is comeing from people that never owend a whippet and just heard another dickhead say it.the only time the whippet i have now ever gets cut is when he gets caught by the sharp end of a fox.

when i hear this shit whippets tear and rip easy.ive been working whippets alongside my lurchers and terriers for about 10 years now and never have 1 rip or tear and i train mine 2 work the cover with the terriers and they never cut i think this is comeing from people that never owend a whippet and just heard another dickhead say it.the only time the whippet i have now ever gets cut is when he gets caught by the sharp end of a fox.

like i said ive seen a few and they cut up very easily. there skin was like tissue paper. they felt the cold allso and would follow every stone dyke and hedge just to stay out of a cold wind. when i hear statements like. works cover like a terrier or as clever as a collie or as good as a bullcross. i start to get sceptical. ive seen most lurcher types work and whippets and there crosses. so on first hand experiance i went for a cross whippet. and dont regret the choice five years on ;)

ive seen a few. they all tore easily and felt the cold to the point i felt sorry for them. all where lighning fast and great to watch. i'm sure there are whippets that would prove me wrong but i can only say as i see :thumbs:

ill agree with u

like i said ive seen a few and they cut up very easily. there skin was like tissue paper. they felt the cold allso and would follow every stone dyke and hedge just to stay out of a cold wind. when i hear statements like. works cover like a terrier or as clever as a collie or as good as a bullcross. i start to get sceptical. ive seen most lurcher types work and whippets and there crosses. so on first hand experiance i went for a cross whippet. and dont regret the choice five years on ;)

dont no what way ye breed your whippets over there mate 2 say ther skin is like tissue probly a load of show stuff.your welcome 2 come over here and see mine work with the pack anytime.hes no world beater thats for sure but he will work his heart off for u every time thats a fact and as for being sceptical mate take off your blinkers just cause u never seen a whippet work cover like a terrier that means they cant stop now .my buddy had a beddy whippet 17tts that would go 2 ground on foxs and blacks and would stay till dug 2.if he could do that your telling me a whippet cant hunt cover dont make me laugh.

a couple where KC and some where raceing whippets. i cant talk for all whippets just the one's ive seen. ive owned a beddy/whippet that would and did go to ground at every chance. and gave a good account of himself. :thumbs: to me a whippet is the kc type. the rest are working whippets and all the better for it. they generally have a dash of something else in there makeup. the best small whippet i saw was 1 eighths greyhound it was a cracker. and looked just like a whippet. but then it wasnt was it. :thumbs: not knocking your dogs. just my thoughts on the matter :thumbs:

a couple where KC and some where raceing whippets. i cant talk for all whippets just the one's ive seen. ive owned a beddy/whippet that would and did go to ground at every chance. and gave a good account of himself. :thumbs: to me a whippet is the kc type. the rest are working whippets and all the better for it. they generally have a dash of something else in there makeup. the best small whippet i saw was 1 eighths greyhound it was a cracker. and looked just like a whippet. but then it wasnt was it. :thumbs: not knocking your dogs. just my thoughts on the matter :thumbs:

i dont think the 1/8th of greyhound in the whippet would of made any difference to the dog.

i dont think the 1/8th of greyhound in the whippet would of made any difference to the dog.

i disagree trigger. a dash of blood from a different breed can make the world of a difference and will carry on a lot farther than one eigth. and if you think about it most working whippets have a dash of some other breed in there make up. so when they are bred together there will be benefits. do you think a whippet with 1 eigths bull in its makeup would be the same as a straight whippet ;)

tel me this what does a greyhound add to a whippet bar size