Canada Geese on Flight pond

I am caught between a rock and a hard place, i have just aquired a new farm which has a good size pond / lake on it :thumbs: , i have permission to shoot all quarry but the farmer wants the Canada geese gone, he had tried to scare them off with no sucsess, i would prefer to wait until the season, but he wants them off now, i have checked with the BASC and have the OK, the main reason i would like to wait until September is there is also a good number of Greylag mixed in with the Canada

What do you think ? and dose anyone else shoot the Canada off there Flight ponds.

ATB

Dave.

I am caught between a rock and a hard place, i have just aquired a new farm which has a good size pond / lake on it :thumbs: , i have permission to shoot all quarry but the farmer wants the Canada geese gone, he had tried to scare them off with no sucsess, i would prefer to wait until the season, but he wants them off now, i have checked with the BASC and have the OK, the main reason i would like to wait until September is there is also a good number of Greylag mixed in with the Canada

What do you think ? and dose anyone else shoot the Canada off there Flight ponds.

ATB

Dave.

if farmer wants rid, shoot a couple and let him know you have, dont wait or he may get someone else in to shoot them for him and you wouldnt want that.

where i shoot there was alot of canadas and greylag on a pond, i shot a few canadas to keep the farmer happy and the geese were still there in the seaon, i had plenty of days flights with them. keep farmer happy, pick the canadas out and have some fun!

• 4 weeks later...

Funny how the Canada's are the problem, and NOT the Grey-Lag's !!!!!!!!!!! If your any sportsman at all get off you butt and scare them by fair mean's Rifle's and flaunting the law has "NO" right in the sporting world. Just in case you have not allready seen post's by me where i shoot i have 60,000 + Geese have had for 35+yrs and NEVER EVER shot one out of season or with Rifle and STILL have my shooting.

Funny how the Canada's are the problem, and NOT the Grey-Lag's !!!!!!!!!!! If your any sportsman at all get off you butt and scare them by fair mean's Rifle's and flaunting the law has "NO" right in the sporting world. Just in case you have not allready seen post's by me where i shoot i have 60,000 + Geese have had for 35+yrs and NEVER EVER shot one out of season or with Rifle and STILL have my shooting.

maybe not but i dont shoot geese for sport . . . i do it with a rifle for PEST CONTROLand unless youve shot geese on my permission please dont tell me what to do and what not to do . . . i am a sportsmen but part of my job as an underkeeper also means that pest control comes before sport and i have hundreds of other jobs to do then wait for close range geese . . . not that i need to justify it and i have never shot geese out of season . . .

maybe not but i dont shoot geese for sport . . . i do it with a rifle for PEST CONTROLand unless youve shot geese on my permission please dont tell me what to do and what not to do . . . i am a sportsmen but part of my job as an underkeeper also means that pest control comes before sport and i have hundreds of other jobs to do then wait for close range geese . . . not that i need to justify it and i have never shot geese out of season . . .

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

way to many people cant see the difference between those shooting for "sport" and those carrying out pest control.

how many wood pigeons are shot in the name of sport, yet the general license quotes they cant be shot for sport, only for pest control, but do you see us pesties harping on about that, or the fact that once the crop is cut to stubble, then technically there's no need to shoot anymore, as they ar'nt causing damage to a crop, makes you think dont it :hmm:

aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhh bless touch a raw nerve!!!!!!! :feck:

aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhh bless touch a raw nerve!!!!!!! :feck:

nomate you havent touched a nerve i just dont like pretenders :victory:

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

way to many people cant see the difference between those shooting for "sport" and those carrying out pest control.

how many wood pigeons are shot in the name of sport, yet the general license quotes they cant be shot for sport, only for pest control, but do you see us pesties harping on about that, or the fact that once the crop is cut to stubble, then technically there's no need to shoot anymore, as they ar'nt causing damage to a crop, makes you think dont it :hmm:

agree with you there mate apart from shooting pigeons on stubble as they may not be cousing damage on the stubble they might be a mile down the road if you knowwhat i mean apart from that though a very valid point :victory: