The SAK is worth a go on a HMR......NOTHING is great on the HMR, this is about as good as any and one of the cheapest...certainly not worth spending the silly money of some mods for the HMR!!

:thumbs:

hi mate

if i were you i wouldnt touch a sak mod as ya can get a much quieter one for less money " but it is slightly wider, i had one and changed it for one from AM Custom Gunsmiths near Newark Notts and it is much quieter "so much so that you can tell the difference with ya own ears not a DB meter" than the sak, as said previously though you will never get away from the sonic crack of the round doing 2550fps but, if you point the rifle at a safe back stop with the rifle approx 1 meter away the bullet doesnt have chance to make the sonic crack so all ya hear is the rifle noise and trust me a sak is not the quietest on the market

all the best

d2d

for the money you pay compared to other MODS the sak is by far the best price/ decibel drop, and at around 30 to 35 quid roughly, you can have a few for the price of one mod that would be done in the same time..

buy the sak.

Snap.

for the money you pay compared to other MODS the sak is by far the best price/ decibel drop, and at around 30 to 35 quid roughly, you can have a few for the price of one mod that would be done in the same time..

buy the sak.

Snap.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

hi mate

if i were you i wouldnt touch a sak mod as ya can get a much quieter one for less money " but it is slightly wider, i had one and changed it for one from AM Custom Gunsmiths near Newark Notts and it is much quieter "so much so that you can tell the difference with ya own ears not a DB meter" than the sak, as said previously though you will never get away from the sonic crack of the round doing 2550fps but, if you point the rifle at a safe back stop with the rifle approx 1 meter away the bullet doesnt have chance to make the sonic crack so all ya hear is the rifle noise and trust me a sak is not the quietest on the market

all the best

d2d

I'm struggling with this, if it is so much better and cheaper why have we not heard of it and where is it.

I had a HOG on my HMR..... BRIEFLY.... it was an air rifle mod that my RFD assured me would work...well it was quieter for a few shots (about 6 or 8) and then all the acoustic padding got destroyed!!!

The SAK offers an unrivaled package of price and sound reduction and durability and an excellent warranty.

There are others quieter but only fractionally and they all cost more.......and the Whisper at £125 is heavier and noisier and a complete waste of money!

Please tell me more about this Mod you refer to so I can check it out.

Cheers!

hi mate

all the best

d2d

I'm struggling with this, if it is so much better and cheaper why have we not heard of it and where is it.

I had a HOG on my HMR..... BRIEFLY.... it was an air rifle mod that my RFD assured me would work...well it was quieter for a few shots (about 6 or 8) and then all the acoustic padding got destroyed!!!

The SAK offers an unrivaled package of price and sound reduction and durability and an excellent warranty.

There are others quieter but only fractionally and they all cost more.......and the Whisper at £125 is heavier and noisier and a complete waste of money!

Please tell me more about this Mod you refer to so I can check it out.

Cheers!

Yep!

I bought a (£125) '17 whisper', and it looked very nice, it was built exceptionally well, stripable etc etc.

BUT no better than my old £30 SAK, Wildcat centrefire moderators are very good (I have 2), and the whisper is just a scaled down

version, so I suppose if you have a 'fancy' rifle and want the best the Whisper is the one.

But if you just want a moderator that does what it says on the tin, get a SAK.

AndyF.