night vision lamp filter and monocular

Hi, i am thinking about buying a N.V monocular and was wondering if i used it with my striker lamp fitted with an infa red filter would this work?

if any body does this or has i would like to know if it works,the monocular ive been looking at is just a cheap one with not that good distance and was hopeing that the lamp would give it the distance.

Thanks,Gossy

Edited by GOSSYOVSLAND

We use exactly that setup for spotting - we use a deben mini pro with a filter, rabbits are spottable at 80 yards, foxes even further. Then I have a digital add-on on my scope to take the shot.

Good cheap way of getting started, battery packs can get a bit cumbersome but it's so efficient it's ridiculous!

James

yes it would but the filter for that lamp is about £120 the lazer lamp is much cheaper i use this one it is the nuts

Good point - I should have said, don't buy a filter! Get some filter material, about £20, and make your own up! Google 'Alana Ecology', they sell it.

James

• 2 weeks later...

Do the filters make that much difference? i'm thinking about getting one for my clu lite as they are only about £20 to use with my gen 1 yukon scope, what are they like?

oli