puppy with pet rabbit

Hi, i have a 12 week old bull grey pup and in my garden we have a pet rabbit (not my choice) i was wondering if my pup gets too friendly with the pet rabbit will he not want to hunt them when hes older? will post pics of the pup soon when i work out how to do it! lol. cheers.

Years ago we had a pet rabbit called Sweep, who used to spend so much time breaking out of his hutch that every time he sauntered past me, i'd hear the theme to " The Great Escape "

One afternoon i'd put our lurcher out in the garden for an hour or so, when i went to let her in, i found her and Sweep sitting side by side, both looking at me when i opened the door. :) The same dog is brill with our chickens too.

my advice mate pick the rabbit up by the back legs and give it one swift chop in the back of the neck and that should stop all your worrying and if you can't do that i would seriously consider rehomeing your pup because i have 6 dogs and they would hate me if i made them look at a rabbit all day through a cage :gunsmilie:

my young lurcher is fine with my g/f little sisters pet rabbit when we visit, but i wouldnt trust her 100% with it,

and I wouldn't trust your older lurcher 100% with my fecking ferret :thumbs:

lol credit where credits due though, it run oot hole she picked it up but let it go when she realised, unsure if it was coz she knew or the fact you screamed like a wee girl!! lol

my young lurcher is fine with my g/f little sisters pet rabbit when we visit, but i wouldnt trust her 100% with it,

and I wouldn't trust your older lurcher 100% with my fecking ferret :thumbs:

lol credit where credits due though, it run oot hole she picked it up but let it go when she realised, unsure if it was coz she knew or the fact you screamed like a wee girl!! lol

Funny how my recollection of the whole event is somewhat different :hmm: