ND3 LASER DESIGNATOR

hi lads just checking out july edition of sporting rifle. on page 97 ad on ND3 LASER DESIGNATOR its supposed to be the ultimate alternative to night vision. the nd3 pairs with your scope and allows u to cast a bright beam of green laser to fully illuminate targets up to 250 yards... it says it turns your scoped rifle into a night hunter. price very reasonable for night vision ..anybody come across this or used it ... cheers for any info .. seems to good to be true :gunsmilie:

You can trim the beam to the correct size for the range you are shooting. Also the dot helps with range finding.

If you were to choose a coloured filter, you'd be silly to chose that, as it's a highly visible colour.

hi lads just checking out july edition of sporting rifle. on page 97 ad on ND3 LASER DESIGNATOR its supposed to be the ultimate alternative to night vision. the nd3 pairs with your scope and allows u to cast a bright beam of green laser to fully illuminate targets up to 250 yards... it says it turns your scoped rifle into a night hunter. price very reasonable for night vision ..anybody come across this or used it ... cheers for any info .. seems to good to be true :gunsmilie:

I must admit i have looked at these but i think i would like a demo just to be sure it worked i would be interested in what you can find out on this one.

Shootingcharley.

:icon_eek:

I'm also interested in this one checked a few forums e.g Optics forum generally good comments but if I were to buy I would buy it on the American Ebay and have it sent here as a gift. I found the cheapest to be only £235 including delivery here on Ebay

cheers Callum

Edited by mangy1983
  • 2 weeks later...

have just read a write up on it in july/sporting rifle, guy there reckons its an ok unit, but says the same as above, not much better than a lamp,and certainly not worth the £325 price tag, and he quotes that with the arrival of the pulsar night/day vision on the market at just under £1000 which is far superior, it also makes the laser designator very expensive for what it does.

when I first saw the lazer, I too thought it looked a handy bit of kit,after ready many write ups, think I'll stick with the lamp, and save my pennies for the pulsar :thumbs:

have just read a write up on it in july/sporting rifle, guy there reckons its an ok unit, but says the same as above, not much better than a lamp,and certainly not worth the £325 price tag, and he quotes that with the arrival of the pulsar night/day vision on the market at just under £1000 which is far superior, it also makes the laser designator very expensive for what it does.

when I first saw the lazer, I too thought it looked a handy bit of kit,after ready many write ups, think I'll stick with the lamp, and save my pennies for the pulsar :thumbs:

Not too keen on the digital nightvision stubby, thats basically a gen 1 device, similar in image to the standard yukon ranger, ... Save and get a proper gen 2 tubed unit, lot better image, resolution and battery life..... Plus its easier to have a seperate NV monocular for scanning round anyway, the Yukon Exelon Super Gen are excellent little units...For the extra range most of the NV units require additional IR, cost can soon ramp up...