Just a point that might sway you !

There has bee NO incidents with the ASE throwing it's internal componants down range unlike the Wildcat :icon_eek:

And Toyota Brakes don't work.....

Lets have a look at the situation......................

The Original Wildcat had a problem. This was resolved several years ago!

The Wildcat is completely stripable and every part is available as a spare!

The Wildcat is probably the best value for money centrefire mod out there.

There are other mods that may have the edge on sound reduction, and in some cases are arguably better built, but do not strip for cleaning and all cost more.

The ASE range of Mods are all good on sound reduction but some screw up the balance big time and of course they are all cost a lot more than a Wildcat.

Horses for courses, the ASE are good, not stripable, some are heavy and they are not cheap.

The Wildcat Predator 8 COMPACT is as light or lighter than some ASE, has a massive array of baffle sizes to select from, it's over barrel so balance is improved, all parts are available (so easy to convert if you buy another calibre) adequate sound reduction and costs less!

So the purchaser has to make some decisions.

There are other moderators as well! The stainless T8 sounds interesting, I'll await a review somewhere!:thumbs:

Deker

Why do you go on how wonderful pred's are and dismiss the fact that they have had failures as one of those things ?

But when you had a failure of a cheap shotgun multichoke you went off on one ?

You also say the weight of some ASE mods as heavy and unbalance a rifle yet you have 3 predator mods and wrote a topic on filling you stock with lead and cutting you barrel to balance you rifle ?

Please don't turn this post in to one of your tiresome rants .

Dear Codweld

Just what is your issue? ...and what is the post of yours above meant to be about?

Learn to read...Just what part your response has anything to do with my post above?

I have not gone on about how good the P8 is, I have painted a balanced picture, I have not dismissed earlier P8 problems and I have acknowledged there may be better mods but you pay for it, the P8 is the best value for money centerfire mod around in my book, that doesn't necessarily mean it is the best mod.

I went off on the Hatsan because it was cheap rubbish and could easily have killed or injured someone, it needed to be told as Edgar Bros were reluctant to issue any warning. There was undoubtedly a problem with the Hatsan as design, materials and quality control have all improved. I have also acknowledged that improvements have been made.

I got rid of my ASE S5 because the weight ****** up the T3 Lite balance, frankly almost anything does, but I sorted it with lots of modifications, including a P8 which improved it, and then a P8 COMPACT which improved it even more! I have also made it clear the T3 Hunter and Rem 700 SPS are both good straight out of the box with a P8 Compact on them.

A balanced view.....and.....Big letters...try reading it again!

There are other mods that may have the edge on sound reduction, and in some cases are arguably better built, but do not strip for cleaning and all cost more.

The ASE range of Mods are all good on sound reduction but some screw up the balance big time and of course they are all cost a lot more than a Wildcat.

Horses for courses, the ASE are good, not stripable, some are heavy and they are not cheap.

The Wildcat Predator 8 COMPACT is as light or lighter than some ASE, has a massive array of baffle sizes to select from, it's over barrel so balance is improved, all parts are available (so easy to convert if you buy another calibre) adequate sound reduction and costs less!

There are other moderators as well! The stainless T8 sounds interesting, I'll await a review somewhere!:thumbs:

Edited by Deker

Hi

I have had an Ase Utra on my 243. Worked great but will not come apart, very quiet though.

I now have a Wildcat Predetor 8 on a 243.works great(not sure if it`s as quiet as the ase ) It does come apart for cleaning which makes life a bit easier. You can still clean the ase though, it just doesnt`t split.

ATB

Out of curiosity :icon_redface: Whats the best way to clean an un-strippable mod.

LD

Hi

I have had an Ase Utra on my 243. Worked great but will not come apart, very quiet though.

I now have a Wildcat Predetor 8 on a 243.works great(not sure if it`s as quiet as the ase ) It does come apart for cleaning which makes life a bit easier. You can still clean the ase though, it just doesnt`t split.

ATB

Out of curiosity :icon_redface: Whats the best way to clean an un-strippable mod.

LD

Give it a shot of WD-40 or Welder's Anti-Spatter spray (let it dry well before firing)

Hi

ATB

LD

You don't need too !

There has bee NO incidents with the ASE throwing it's internal componants down range unlike the Wildcat :icon_eek:

Deker

Why do you go on how wonderful pred's are and dismiss the fact that they have had failures as one of those things ?

You also say the weight of some ASE mods as heavy and unbalance a rifle yet you have 3 predator mods and wrote a topic on filling you stock with lead and cutting you barrel to balance you rifle ?

Dear Codweld

Just what is your issue? ...and what is the post of yours above meant to be about?

Learn to read...Just what part your response has anything to do with my post above?

I have not gone on about how good the P8 is, I have painted a balanced picture, I have not dismissed earlier P8 problems and I have acknowledged there may be better mods but you pay for it, the P8 is the best value for money centerfire mod around in my book, that doesn't necessarily mean it is the best mod.

I went off on the Hatsan because it was cheap rubbish and could easily have killed or injured someone, it needed to be told as Edgar Bros were reluctant to issue any warning. There was undoubtedly a problem with the Hatsan as design, materials and quality control have all improved. I have also acknowledged that improvements have been made.

I got rid of my ASE S5 because the weight ****** up the T3 Lite balance, frankly almost anything does, but I sorted it with lots of modifications, including a P8 which improved it, and then a P8 COMPACT which improved it even more! I have also made it clear the T3 Hunter and Rem 700 SPS are both good straight out of the box with a P8 Compact on them.

Dicker we are all glad that YOU have manage to get Hatsan to increase the quality of their products ! And i am so happy you did not rant :whistling: or talk about some thing else other than the post like mention Toyota .

Be a Good fellow and stop typeing and put your hand to its main use :feck:

Deker

Dear Codweld

Dicker we are all glad that YOU have manage to get Hatsan to increase the quality of their products ! And i am so happy you did not rant :whistling: or talk about some thing else other than the post like mention Toyota .

Be a Good fellow and stop typeing and put your hand to its main use :feck:

I'm sure the world is grateful for your worthwhile contributions to every thread you get involved with...no answer yet again to sensible discussion, just personal abuse!

Just treated myself to a new toy a Weatherby in .223 what mod would you guys reccomend?

OK

I have a Wildcat Predator 8 on my .270 Win, Brilliant!

That said it does need cleaning now and again, full of grit and a weird grey 'talcum' type dust?

The .270 is a Magnum calibre and I'm sure it must get pretty extreme inside that can at times!

It gets very hot to say the least!

Anyway my mates have T8's & PES etc but they are all on lightweight stuff .243 22.250 .223 and

the like and they are perfectly ok.

But the service from Wildcat is excellent, and if you choose a common thread, you can use your Pred can

on a sucession of rifles without issue!

AndyF

• 1 month later...

Ive just changed from a T8 to a P8 Wildcat (compact i think to fit over the 20in barrel) and i must say that this wildcat has nothing on the T8 in terms of noise reduction that thing was briliant. The only downside to the T8 was the welds that hold the baffles in crack. Still i like the fact that all the parts on the wildcat are replacable and its a bit lighter than the T8. horses for courses i suppose.

I would love one of these http://www.lawrenceprecision.co.uk/

any one have one?

cost about£600 :blink: :blink:

They Look really nice, the only comment that I would make is that it always worries me when someone is running a proffessional website and asking top money for their product and their contact number is a mobile phone.

Maybe I'm just a bit old fashioned though.

ATB

Jonno