I have a PES T12 on my .204 ruger currently, its made of stainless steel. Its a bit weighty but it works well and i like it.

The next moderator im getting when the .308 is ready will be either a A-tec or a ASE north star.

Hi

I have had an Ase Utra on my 243. Worked great but will not come apart, very quiet though.

I now have a Wildcat Predetor 8 on a 243.works great(not sure if it`s as quiet as the ase ) It does come apart for cleaning which makes life a bit easier. You can still clean the ase though, it just doesnt`t split.

ATB

Edited by Rake aboot

I've had x2 T8's and a north star/ never rated that.

Now have x2 custom alloy ones very good.

I see alsorts clients turn up with and think the quietest of all is the PES ones but they are heavy and I dont like the way they allow the gasses to touch the barrel.

Wildcats are good as are many others.

Just a point that might sway you !

There has bee NO incidents with the ASE throwing it's internal componants down range unlike the Wildcat :icon_eek:

Aye

Can you elaborate a bit ! I have heard of the guts being fired out of a Parker Hale rimmy silencer but that was because the end was loose. Would like to hear all about this as I have just fitted a P8 to my P/H 243.

Some of the early Pred's fell apart and front and internals disapeared down range. No one was hurt but it's a subject that pred owners don't like reminding of when they pull up the T8 .

All mods have faults but i fail to understand why building in a potential weakness like customer interfearance [ dissasembly] is a selling point ?

Modular yes !

Noise reduction yes !

Weight yes!

I have a T8 that sometimes gets a spray of WD40 has been used on two 22-250's fired hundreds of rounds but if i shake it nothing comes out , so what needs cleaning ?

I also have a Ase S5 on a 20'' barreled 6.5 that also has shot over 500 rounds ! it is sooty but that is it, no more soot than after 10 round and this also has not been cleaned

I fail to see why a mod needs cleaning [apart from a Rim fire mod] after all is a mod noy like a car exhaust ? and i have not seen anyone clean one of those.

I have a PES T12 on my .204 ruger currently, its made of stainless steel. Its a bit weighty but it works well and i like it.

The next moderator im getting when the .308 is ready will be either a A-tec or a ASE north star.

I have a Tikka T3 Lite 222 and use a PES T12. The gun feels heavy after carrying it around for a few hours with the MOD fitted. I find that the weight of the MOD affects my accuracy when shooting un supported in the upright position. I have tried using stix but got fed up with them. I would go to a dealer and see what the gun feels like with the MOD attached before you buy it. Other than that the PES T12 is effective.

got two ase cqb mods. one on a 222 and one on the 22/250.

there imo nothing better. yes they are front mounted which alot of people dont like. but i dont mind this. for the fact being they are compact in size. not 2 inchs + round like the big over barrel mods.

what i would say is get the ase compact if you think your use it on a bigger caliber later. as they go up to 25/06 or a magnum one.

the cqb is for 22 cf rifles so you a little less noise then the compact. but in the real world you prob wouldnt tell the difference.

There has bee NO incidents with the ASE throwing it's internal componants down range unlike the Wildcat :icon_eek:

And Toyota Brakes don't work.....

Lets have a look at the situation......................

The Original Wildcat had a problem. This was resolved several years ago!

The Wildcat is completelty stripable and every part is available as a spare!

The Wildcat is probably the best value for money centrefire mod out there.

There are other mods that may have the edge on sound reduction, and in some cases are arguably better built, but do not strip for cleaning and all cost more.

The ASE range of Mods are all good on sound reduction but some screw up the balance big time and of course they are all cost a lot more than a Wildcat.

Horses for courses, the ASE are good, not stripable, some are heavy and they are not cheap.

The Wildcat Predator 8 COMPACT is as light or lighter than some ASE, has a massive array of baffle sizes to select from, it's over barrel so balance is improved, all parts are available (so easy to convert if you buy another calibre) adequate sound redution and costs less!

So the purchaser has to make some decisions.

There are other moderators as well! The stainless T8 sounds interesting, I'll await a review somewhere!:thumbs:

And Toyota Brakes don't work.....

Lets have a look at the situation......................

The Original Wildcat had a problem. This was resolved several years ago!

The Wildcat is completelty stripable and every part is available as a spare!

The Wildcat is probably the best value for money centrefire mod out there.

There are other mods that may have the edge on sound reduction, and in some cases are arguably better built, but do not strip for cleaning and all cost more.

The ASE range of Mods are all good on sound reduction but some screw up the balance big time and of course they are all cost a lot more than a Wildcat.

Horses for courses, the ASE are good, not stripable, some are heavy and they are not cheap.

The Wildcat Predator 8 COMPACT is as light or lighter than some ASE, has a massive array of baffle sizes to select from, it's over barrel so balance is improved, all parts are available (so easy to convert if you buy another calibre) adequate sound redution and costs less!

So the purchaser has to make some decisions.

There are other moderators as well! The stainless T8 sounds interesting, I'll await a review somewhere!:thumbs:

Deker

Why do you go on how wonderful pred's are and dismiss the fact that they have had failures as one of those things ?

But when you had a failure of a cheap shotgun multichoke you went off on one ?

You also say the weight of some ASE mods as heavy and unbalance a rifle yet you have 3 predator mods and wrote a topic on filling you stock with lead and cutting you barrel to balance you rifle ?

Please don't turn this post in to one of your tiresome rants .

Edited by coldweld