changing a dogs name

I got a 9 month old JRT and its name was Charlie, I didnt like that name for a dog so I changed it. It didnt really respond to me calling it Charlie anyway, must have been my accent/tone. Anyway within a couple of days he knew and responded well to his new name :thumbs:

So it is possible

Kyle

Stay with Marge. She'll be good at storking . . .

I'll get me coat.

Ric

Funny name "marge" cant believe its not "butter"...

Al get mine too :whistling:

You don't need to stand for that... i will get you a chair. :whistling:

didnt know the name of the terrier i have now, sat and called loads of names and when i said "jenna" her ears pricked up and stuck with it since, hell knows what her name was before i got her, i heard a saying years ago "new name new beginning" say you rescued a dog that was treated badly? it would associate the name with bad times, rename it and treat it well,

My staffy bitch is called kaia. She responds to Stephen peter or valerie. My sisters rescue staff had some stupid name.

By the time we got it home it new it was called roxy

it can be done

I just said the name and gave her a treat!

Cheers samstorm

I've always found dogs respond easily to several nicknames.

When I first bought my oldest kelpie bitch, I originally called her Tilly. I thought her recall training seemed to be going fine until a few weeks after getting her she started completely ignoring me. I then realised it was because my girlfriend Ella(now my wife who wasn't used to training dogs) had "un-trained" her recall by constantly using her name for no particular reason. This left her thinking that Tilly didn't mean "come here" but meant anything from "get off the sofa" to "where's Rusty?"

I got round it by changing her name to Amber but not telling Ella until after she'd accepted the new name. :whistling:

My JRT is called Todd . . . however will happily respond to "twat" ,"arsehole","prick" or "fcuker" . . . . if used often enough they soon pick it up! :laugh:

54-6.jpg

haha brilliant hannah :laugh: ...nice little JRT you have there :thumbs:

My JRT is called Todd . . . however will happily respond to "twat" ,"arsehole","prick" or "fcuker" . . . . if used often enough they soon pick it up! :laugh:

54-6.jpg

know what you mean,mine get those colourful names and worse at times :thumbs: