changing a dogs name

lad i know has just inherited his in-laws dog due to a death in the family he has taken the dog on,the thing is he said to me,"i dont like its name"lol,my immediate answer was"change it then"we laughed it off and i went home,on reflection though how difficult would this be?,how would he go about it?,can it be done easily and would it take the dog long to easily recognise its new name? lol,its a 2 year old cocker but not an out and out worker although he has taken it out and it gets stuck in on the bushing so will make him the ideal companion,at least now its got a home for life and will be well looked after.

so has anyone got any experience on this,or is he stuck with a dog named "marge" :clapper:

lad i know has just inherited his in-laws dog due to a death in the family he has taken the dog on,the thing is he said to me,"i dont like its name"lol,my immediate answer was"change it then"we laughed it off and i went home,on reflection though how difficult would this be?,how would he go about it?,can it be done easily and would it take the dog long to easily recognise its new name? lol,its a 2 year old cocker but not an out and out worker although he has taken it out and it gets stuck in on the bushing so will make him the ideal companion,at least now its got a home for life and will be well looked after.

so has anyone got any experience on this,or is he stuck with a dog named "marge" :clapper:

it can be done, i resecued a lurcher from the kennels he was about 18 month old,and i didnt know his name so i called him fly,he soon picked it up :thumbs:

I'd change it to something similar like...Sarge or Barge. It wont even hear the change :thumbs:

Stay with Marge. She'll be good at storking . . .

I'll get me coat.

Ric

Funny name "marge" cant believe its not "butter"...

Al get mine too :whistling:

My bitch has at least 8 nicknames and responds to all of them. My dogs seem to instinctively know which one I'm calling, so I can't see that it would be a problem once the bitch has bonded with her new owner. Most dogs have more than one name don't they? :whistling: