do you think "irish bred" makes a difference????

Guest stewie

Guest stewie

seen a lad earlier and he had a nice strong bull/grey x saluk/grey but he must of told me its irish bred 15 times :icon_eek: might be just me but hear it alot from newcomers to the sport but to me it means nothing other than they dont no its parents, never seen the litter or no any history about the dog but hey it was bred in ireland so must be good lol :clapper: what a load of bollox :clapper: :clapper:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Irish Bred', 'Farm Bred', 'Keeper Bred' it's all just sales patter. All you need to know is - the sire and dam can do the job you wish of your pup and also its nice to know that the grand and great gr

At 1 time it might have meant something...but nowadays it means jack shit....the greyhound side of things are just as good here as they are in ireland imo..also its not wise to brag about the bull side of things either....atb stabba

If we are talking about the greyhound side of the breeding i agree with stabba its just that more greyhounds are bred and run on in ireland than mainland u.k and its inevitable that lurchers will be bred out of ireish bred dogs in the u.k.atb dell

Guest stewie

If we are talking about the greyhound side of the breeding i agree with stabba its just that more greyhounds are bred and run on in ireland than mainland u.k and its inevitable that lurchers will be bred out of ireish bred dogs in the u.k.atb dell

i no what your saying dell but its not just greys i hear it alot in terriers aswell mate :thumbs:

owl1 ill give you three guesses who it was :clapper:

stabba :thumbs: talking sense as always

terriers are different;- i prefer to get them from ireland - preferably the north as they have some real nice terriers up there.

they try to pass of any old shite terrier as a patterdale or lakeland here in the west

saw a box with small pups in it at a poultry sale lately pups had clearly got spaniel + jack russel in them + they didnt have a drop of patt or lakie blood in them + the guy selling them swore they were patterdale x lakeland - funniest joke ive ever heard...........