Ferret Finder Collars

if the collars coming off, its way too loose, remember a fert has fur, therefore neck looks thicker than it is, my mk3 collars have holes to make the collar smaller than the ones already in it from new,

put the collar on, pull it tight around neck, at this point, its still too loose as its fur underneath, so mark the hole at least another 5mm along, if the fert goes blue, its too tight,

put the collars on them each day in the cage, get them used to wearing them, if they keep getting them off, make more holes and do it tighter the next time, untill the wear them all day, far better to do it in the cage, than loose a collar underground

The mk3 collars really need holes put inbetween the ones already there. Just put them on tightly, almost as tight as you can get it. Trust me, its fine. If people done that it would save so much moaning about the collars.

put the tongue of the collar through the buckle, so your holding the tongue, a bit like a lasso, pick up ferret and in one motion, pass the looped collar over its head, now pull the collar tight, if the fert wriggles too much, place its rear feet on the floor, but keep hold of the collar and do it up, if your worried about getting nipped, your not handling them enough,

Once your ferret know's that when the collars on there going out they will sit quite comfortably in your hand and let you put the collar on .As already said put a collar on and let your ferret run about the hutch and see if it comes off and do you fine tweeking now when im going out i put the collars on and let them run about the garage floor till i load up the car then just before i put them in a burrow i check the collars okay and working before i put them in a burrow

put the tongue of the collar through the buckle, so your holding the tongue, a bit like a lasso, pick up ferret and in one motion, pass the looped collar over its head, now pull the collar tight, if the fert wriggles too much, place its rear feet on the floor, but keep hold of the collar and do it up, if your worried about getting nipped, your not handling them enough,

Tried this today and it worked :) now I can ferret knowing that I will know where the ferrets are underground, Thanks for all the help. Ben