Hi all,

After a couple of sessions at the clays my Mrs wants to apply for her SGC then she can buy her own SG.

I have a gun safe for both rifles and shotguns, question is would she need her own safe?

I'm guessing she can't keep a SG in mine as she would then have access to rifles? :hmm:

Cheers,

Mick.

Hi all,

After a couple of sessions at the clays my Mrs wants to apply for her SGC then she can buy her own SG.

I have a gun safe for both rifles and shotguns, question is would she need her own safe?

I'm guessing she can't keep a SG in mine as she would then have access to rifles? :hmm:

Cheers,

Mick.

i had the same problem.answer is you will have to get a seperate cabinet fro your rifles so she has no access to them

Would it not be simpler buy her the gun and put it on your ticket, rather than having a ticket each?

She could still choose and pay for it.

Just a thought.

ATB

Jonno

then she wouldnt be able to use it on her own ???

If she is going to the trouble of getting a SGS then for the extra tenner it is as well to get her a FAC at the same time I got the misses both, on her FAC it is conditioned so she can only use my rifles when I accompany her but it means she can bring me a gun if I need one at work or she can buy my ammunition if I don't have time to go to the gunshop :thumbs: .

Another reason for getting her a FAC is that it means I can get extra rifles by saying that they are for her to use :whistling:

• Like 2

My guess, and it is only a guess, is that she could keep her gun in your cabinet PROVIDED only you have the keys, and only you know where the keys are kept. Even if she got an FAC she could not access your cabinet. That means she could only access her gun in your presence. Not a domestic scenario I'd relish meself but heyy! Whatever turns you on.

More to the point, subject to the OK from your FEO, it should be legal to chain her gun to your cab. Then only she can hold keys to the padlock on the chain.

Ric

Shared security arrangements are acceptable provided everybody who has access to the firearms in a

cabinet has them all listed on their Certificate as being in their possession. If this is not possible, you must ensure that each person who shares keys for the cabinet has their own firearms further secured within the cabinet. for example by security cable, to prevent anybody else from removing them.

My guess, and it is only a guess, is that she could keep her gun in your cabinet PROVIDED only you have the keys, and only you know where the keys are kept. Even if she got an FAC she could not access your cabinet. That means she could only access her gun in your presence. Not a domestic scenario I'd relish meself but heyy! Whatever turns you on.

More to the point, subject to the OK from your FEO, it should be legal to chain her gun to your cab. Then only she can hold keys to the padlock on the chain.

Ric

If his wife gets a FAC they enter all of your guns on her certificate thus meaning she can have access to the cabinet or at least that is how my wifes certificate works and has done so for 13 years the only condition is that she can't use them unless supervised by me it makes life so much easier cause I don't need to worry where I hide the keys.Every time my wife has renewed her certificate the FEO has made HER show him our security arrangements and inspected our firearms without me being in attendance.

I believe that it is possible to get a Joint Certificate, so that she could use your guns & visa versa? This would possibly sort any storage problems?

I know somebody who has done this with his son. Maybe somebody on here has more personal knowledge of a Joint ticket?

Only hope that your Mrs doesn't end up shooting better than you do, this happened to my mate & he's always joking about it.

In regard to Joint certificates, I can't say I have ever heard of one being in existence. Each person needs to hold a certificate in their own right if they plan on sharing security arrangements and using the guns alone.

The word "access" is key to all of these questions. Put simply, if you have both Firearms and Shotguns in the cabinet and your wife only holds an SGC then she cannot lawfully have access unless the rifles are further secured by other means inside the cabinet, which is not something which i'd advise.

If your wife had both FAC & SGC with each and every gun of yours copied onto it, then you would have no problem sharing a cabinet.

You would also need to make sure, should you acquire a new Shotgun or Rifle, that it was also entered onto her certificate(s) each time so that she could have lawful access to it, otherwise she has unauthorised access to certain weapons within the cabinet.

no ones looking at the simple solution here :hmm:

buy her, her own cabinet for a birthday/christmas/anniversary present,

dont laugh, one year I bought my missus a sledge hammer and an axe :icon_redface:

no ones looking at the simple solution here :hmm:

buy her, her own cabinet for a birthday/christmas/anniversary present,

dont laugh, one year I bought my missus a sledge hammer and an axe :icon_redface:

You now how to treat a lady!! Mine got a new washing machine

Ric

If she got an FAC and if all the guns were on both certs there wouldn't be a problem.

J.