Mates pigeon problem

My mate lives on the end of some terraced houses and theres flying rats all over his roof, were both air gunners but can shoot them outta his skylight as 1. it's illegal and 2. they'd be off after one shot, is there any pigeon trap plans or is there some kinda poison? thanks

sounds like you could get yourself in trouble over this, ok a feral is classed as a pest, but you need "good reason" to kill them, and also need to prove that every other step has been taken, to stop them entering your garden/property before culling, culling is always the last option

now I know loads of people probably still do shoot/trap etc, without any of the above being taken into consideration, but if you get caught, and dragged up in court, trying to say "I did'nt know" is not a good enough reason to get off with it

NO YOU CANNOT POISON BIRDS, AS YOU HAVE NO WAY OF NOT POISONING NON TARGET SPECIES,

a good reason, could be public health, if roosting pigeons are leaving large areas of droppings, which is by a childrens play area, or on steps, that can then cause a slip hazard

look on the trapping/pest control section for plans on building a pigeon trap, remember to provide food and water inside the trap, as not doing so is also an offence, and remember the above "reason" word perfect, if your challenged as to why your catching them :thumbs: