What would yous do

Well people I have a jack russel who never leves your side but my mum was at the beach and when she came in the terrier was not at the door so my mum kept looking for her around where. i live she then turned up under a bush really scared and cowed so and she is still verry unwell and sick still becaus of that night so i think someone has had hir dun stuff to hir and ponsined hir so what would yous do becaus i am really upset becaus of this happing to my dog what should i do. I have some ideas but thay might make things worse.

Edited by kx100

not being funny but its hard to fully understand what your saying, you think someone has got your dog and poisined it. could you include some more detail, some one must have got into your house to get your dog? and by the sounds of it you have an idea who it is 'I have some ideas but thay might make things worse'.

I hope you find out what happened, and hopefully if you make the situation more clear to people they may be able to advise you.

oli

When dogs get lost they do get up tight about it, more so if like you say its one of those dogs that never leave your sight, a quick trip to the vets to make sure the dog has'nt ran into a car my be a good idea :thumbs: Did you got to Portebello :D

shes a wee jack russel that always walks to heal then my mum was walking up the front path then opend the close door and she thought the dogs rann up the stares but when she got to the top the jack russel wasnt there so my mum put the ess in the house then went to look for the dog nd walkd round and round the block then 10 minutes later she found the dog lying under a bush really cowerd and shakeing and shes not been the same since and really cowerd

so was she out with your mum?

or left in the house?

as I cant imagine, someone breaking into a house, poisoning a dog, then leaving, removing all signs of a break in??

whatever the story, the vets would be the ones to ask, rather than here, do you have emergancy vets, we have them open 24hrs, it costs, but certain dogs/animals are worth it

You may never know, clipped by a car, attacked by a dog, hurt by a human, there's no way of telling bar certain injuries.

Once checked by a vet, get the dog home and settled and give her lots of TLC, hand feeding and attention, shock can effect dogs very badly. I personally wouldn't be taking her out for a while either, keep her in an environment that she is comfortable and secure with.

We took in a dog years ago when i was a child, we found it whilst walking our own dogs, he was a rough coated terrier X spaniel, and in serious shock. Found in thick cover, almost frozen to the ground in fear, didn't flinch when my dad picked him up, just rigid with terror. We never found out what happened to him, my dad managed to trace the owners and they didn't want him back, due to the state of him. He'd escaped from their garden the day before. They had a young family and seeing their normally well mannered, playful family pet act in this way, decided they didn't want to risk him around 2 young children. So my dad brought him home with us. The vets found bruising on his side but no real injuries as such, the dog spent the best part of 3 weeks under the dinning room table. :icon_eek:

We ignored him completely, he would sneak out and grab some food then retreat back to his hiding place. Weirdly the 2 terriers we had at the time, seemed to know that it was best to leave him, they like us, after the initial meeting, totally ignored him. 3/4 weeks in, he literally came out one day and started playing with a ball with my jrt, never looked back . . . from that moment he was a happy go lucky, in your face terrier. We re homed him to a close friend and he was a super dog for the rest of his days. :thumbs:

no we had the terrier at the beac then on the way back my mum dropd me and my bro of at a freinds house then she went on down to our house and we live in a block of six flats and the people below us keep trying to set ther staffe on our dogs and the guy next door keeps going as if hes going to kick the dog

no we had the terrier at the beac then on the way back my mum dropd me and my bro of at a freinds house then she went on down to our house and we live in a block of six flats and the people below us keep trying to set ther staffe on our dogs and the guy next door keeps going as if hes going to kick the dog

well dunno whats happened to your dog wee man,but i hope she is ok.oh and as for the c**t trying to set his staffie on it id f*****g belt his staff wi the claw end of a hammer.remember years ago an older lad kicked a dog i had my old man booted him up and down the street.prob the worse beating i ever seen a man take. :icon_eek: