be honest now

just watched a dvd that someone on here recomended, they were saying with rimfire, that the barrel should be cleaned every 100 shots, how true is this :hmm: as I've heard that some give them a clean, once in a blue moon

When I was paper punching, every time I used it. I tried the "not cleaning" technique and found that my groupings got progressively worse the more rounds down the tube since cleaning.

When I finally get my .22 for hunting, I'll do the same.

Erm,

I clean my shotguns everytime I use them but I have had my cz .22 for a year or so and I have only cleaned it once having put through probably 2500 rounds through it. I only use it bunny bashing and it doesnt seem to make any difference, they all go down, and I try for head shots only and like I have said before I get the odd flyer but if I am honest these are probably my fault not the rifle, cleaning or ammo.

The one thing I have found is that you have to put a little oil into the hole next to the breech otherwise after a few hundred rounds it struggles ejecting the spent cartridge.

ATB

Jonno

I have just bought a s/h 22 CZ and when I put about 30 rounds through it 3 of the empty cases would not eject. I rang the dealer up he said that the previous owner had had it in his cabinet for about 5 years, so to give it a good clean.

I thought all firearms should be cleaned after every outing.