FAO formalities

sent my FAC forms off two weeks ago

so my cheque was cleared yesterday, now I know thats not a gurantee of anything, but I phoned my land owner and asked if the FAO had been in touch with him yet, which was a no, so any ideas how they go about such stuff, if his land has already been cleared, will they still contact him to arrange a visit with him, thus getting permission verbally from him, or will they make do with a phone call

would it hinder my application, if I was to politely phone the FAO section and ask a time limit?, as this is a "paying customer" who's granted me permission through my pest control buisness,

I suppose Im just too eager, as my SGC was in my hand within two weeks, maybe I should just be more patient :whistling:

Totally depends on the force dealling with it and how much they have on their plates at one time.

They will contact the land owner and make sure he has given you the ok, but if the land is already cleared they may not visit. They will contact at least one of your refferences, but they are really tightening up on things st the mo so they will probably contact both.

As for 'how long' I'm afraid its going to be how long is a peice of string.

I live in kent and its just taken about 9-10 weeks from sending of my variation for a new calibre to get it back, bit of a pain in the arse!

I am sure different people will tell you different things, but I am always as nice and polite to the police as possible regarding firearms. Bearing in mind that they CAN make things difficult and take much longer I always watch my P's & Q's do give them a call and chivy them along but I would wait a while yet.

I have a couple of friends that are plod, and I am a civil servant myself, I would deffinetly advise against reminding them you are a paying customer, this always goes down very badly indeed!!

I hope the app goes well give it 2-3 weeks and if you still havent heard from them give them a call and ask if they have recieved the forms etc I know you know they have banked the cheque but you dont have to let them know you know...know what I mean!!

I hope to hear good new soon.

ATB

Jonno

I have a couple of friends that are plod, and I am a civil servant myself, I would deffinetly advise against reminding them you are a paying customer, this always goes down very badly indeed!!

I did'nt mean that, I meant the owner thats given me permission to do his pest control, is a customer of mine, thus Im getting paid, unlike some FAC holders that shoot for sport/fun