marking dog help pls!!

Cheers mate the hardest part is breaking the dog to ferrets as they can easily lose it went rabbits start bolting and start flying into anything that moves including the ferret

Its handy as well if the ferret doesnt nail the dog two of mine do but all that does is stop my bitch from putting her head into the burrows and it lets the rabbits bolt cleanly away before the dog can get onto them

sounds like alot of fun, really cant wait to give it a go.

let the ferrets wander around and keep her on a lead as the ferrets goes in and out og her legs, then she will get used to it, the best marking terrier i have ever seen taken to ferrets easy is got to be a sporting lucas

Use the summer time to your advantage you should have till september mate and by then you will know how your dogs going to react to the ferret

thaught i'd chance it last night and let them loose with each other for the first time. the dog was fine with me around, she started laying down next to the ferret as if he was one her her puppies! then she got nipped and that was enough of that. she kept pawing at it after that, but aprt from that i dont think thats bad for a first go. i'll try again today after hes been fed i think.

let the ferrets wander around and keep her on a lead as the ferrets goes in and out og her legs, then she will get used to it, the best marking terrier i have ever seen taken to ferrets easy is got to be a sporting lucas

whats a sporting lucas mate?

Use the summer time to your advantage you should have till september mate and by then you will know how your dogs going to react to the ferret

i was always taught to ferret in months that have the letter R in them. think septembers going to be to early though?, as my ferret is just over 8 weeks old.

look abit like a hairy jack russell with more bulk mate hard to explain try google them,

look abit like a hairy jack russell with more bulk mate hard to explain try google them,

just seen a pic on google, like a wirey jack only the hair looks more like yorkie to me. beautiful lookin dog though.

just seen a pic on google, like a wirey jack only the hair looks more like yorkie to me. beautiful lookin dog though.

they are quite hard to get hold off but i will try take a picture of my mates one at the weekend and post it up. one of my good friends breeds them and i do believe help from brian plummer started this strain not 100% sure but, my friend who breeds them was a good pal of brian.

http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll418/whyferret1/sportinglucasterrier.jpg[/img

Edited by wullieh