marking dog help pls!!

im worried coz everything smaller than her shes had contact [bANNED TEXT] shes killed. i had to prise one of my freinds cat kittens out of her mouth about a yr ago. she has a sniff through the mesh of the cage but i dont trust her lol

im worried coz everything smaller than her shes had contact with shes killed. i had to prise one of my freinds cat kittens out of her mouth about a yr ago. she has a sniff through the mesh of the cage but i dont trust her lol

a dog that kills anything can always be changed ive duno it a number of times start off with the ferret in cage an dog around it when it pays attention to the ferret u show it its wrong next ferret out off cage in your hand it show the dog that its yours thats not to touch just like u would asif u had a rabbit in your hand eventually the dog nose not touch when my dad was a kid he had a lurcher which smashed foxes every chance it could then one day my dad dug a set out an the were cubs only one was left alive he kept it and that dog would not touch it but its your dog an u no her better than i do like we had one dog that we could not break to any bird but its all time and what your willing to put in is my opinion

good luck

Edited by anthonytomo

a dog that kills anything can always be changed ive duno it a number of times start off with the ferret in cage an dog around it when it pays attention to the ferret u show it its wrong next ferret out off cage in your hand it show the dog that its yours thats not to touch just like u would asif u had a rabbit in your hand eventually the dog nose not touch when my dad was a kid he had a lurcher which smashed foxes every chance it could then one day my dad dug a set out an the were cubs only one was left alive he kept it and that dog would not touch it but its your dog an u no her better than i do like we had one dog that we could not break to any bird but its all time and what your willing to put in is my opinion

good luck

cheers mate ill give it a go

I'd urge you to consider getting another ferret to keep with this kit you've acquired, ferrets like company!

i know, kept ferrets for years then moved to a flat so couldent anymore. just got a house now so the ferrets are back on the scene. waitin for a msg back bout a jill

Get the bitch out with you they learn nothing in a kennel and i think you will find she will pick it up rather quick if she's got a brain

so do i just sit with her next to the netted hole and let her see them bolt? might sound stupid asking but ferreting is the only time i havent used dogs. even with the lurchers i have always lamped. never used dogs and ferrets together

If shes fine with the ferrets yes i let my lurcher wander all over the burrow as she can hear whats happening under ground and moves to the action . If your bitch isnt to steady with the ferrets try to train her to mark the burrow that are occupied ,Again thats no to hard its just getting to notice your dogs movements or reactions when a burrow occupied instead of empty a raised paw a tilt of the head ect and when your netting up and putting the ferret in pop her on a leash and tie her up

I'd urge you to consider getting another ferret to keep with this kit you've acquired, ferrets like company!

i know, kept ferrets for years then moved to a flat so couldent anymore. just got a house now so the ferrets are back on the scene. waitin for a msg back bout a jill

Ok, sorry if I sounded patronising. Wasn't intended that way at all.

Ok, sorry if I sounded patronising. Wasn't intended that way at all.

sorry if i sounded like that was the way i took it :thumbs: bloody internet!

If shes fine with the ferrets yes i let my lurcher wander all over the burrow as she can hear whats happening under ground and moves to the action . If your bitch isnt to steady with the ferrets try to train her to mark the burrow that are occupied ,Again thats no to hard its just getting to notice your dogs movements or reactions when a burrow occupied instead of empty a raised paw a tilt of the head ect and when your netting up and putting the ferret in pop her on a leash and tie her up

cheers for the help mate, really appreciated. once my ferrets out of nappies ill let you know how im doing

Cheers mate the hardest part is breaking the dog to ferrets as they can easily lose it went rabbits start bolting and start flying into anything that moves including the ferret

Its handy as well if the ferret doesnt nail the dog two of mine do but all that does is stop my bitch from putting her head into the burrows and it lets the rabbits bolt cleanly away before the dog can get onto them