lets talk lamps

right, still waiting patiently, not, for my fac, but when it eventually gets here (fingers crossed) I'll be looking to buy rifle, bits and bobs plus a lamp outfit, now hoping to buy the rifle s/h private as it seems I'll get a better deal, but what about a lamp, new or s/h,

theres so many models and makes out there, its getting a bit confussing, I already have a battery (12v 7)and charger from my pigeon magnet, so hoping I can use that, and therefore save of buying another battery and maybe postage costs on a heavy battery

although Ive read lots of posts reguarding 100yd plus shots with a rimmy, I reckon most of mine will be kept at around the 60yd mark, now looking at some lamps on the net, they quote 100mtr,even 500mtr beams, do I really need this for 60yd shots, are there pro's and cons to longer beams, apart from battery drain?

I used the cluson lazerlight for my lamping ..dogs and i had a gun mount too ..did the job nicely on both accounts with or without a red or green filter

Cluson 55w is the one you want hand held and rifle mount ! Excerlent back up IF you need spares or back up. Lightforce have good reflectors but are cheaply made heat up the handles and need rewiring NOT a good advert .

I used the cluson lazerlight for my lamping ..dogs and i had a gun mount too ..did the job nicely on both accounts with or without a red or green filter

Went out Thurs night & got first fox at over 150 yrds, using a Cluson Lazerlite (without filter) it is great lamp with good distance.

Do the filters spook them less & how much does it reduce the distance? ....Which filter is best?

Ste

• 1 month later...

Get a lightforce lance gun mounted with red filter stubby... not to much drain on the battery , more powerful than a cluson laserlite... Jobs a good un, then if you've any spare change get a lithium ion battery...... perfick !

Have had a few lamps in my time but the lifeforce (with red filter) takes some beating in my opinion. But I would take them things (wind defector wotsit's) off your windows to give you more room.

Proofs in the pudding :thumbs:

But I would take them things (wind defector wotsit's) off your windows to give you more room.

:tongue2: they are staying put, but Im toying with the idea of cutting a large hole in rear of roof

ended up getting a nightsearcher from evil bay (2nd hand) for £60, as it came with the same battery that I have on my pigeon magnet, giving me a spare

just got to pick up a red filter (if needed) they cost around £13.00

post-5267-013648700 1280056142_thumb.jpg

lightweight made from aluminium, and small enough to not catch on those wind deflector wotsit's :D

Cluson 55w is the one you want hand held and rifle mount ! Excerlent back up IF you need spares or back up. Lightforce have good reflectors but are cheaply made heat up the handles and need rewiring NOT a good advert .

x2 on this :thumbs: