Hog hunt

I have a Hatsan mod 125Th (22 cal) and iam intrested in hog hunt i will use gamo raptor pellets so whot you think have I got chance to kill one I will shout it behind the ear on 30 yards please help if someone have some experience or know something :notworthy: :notworthy:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your IP address says your not in Crotia

Denis,   Best of luck pal.   Make sure you wear your body armour and have written a letter telling your wife how much you love her and the kids.   Its probably going to be the last time you see

Denis.... It says OXO on busses....   Please forget it, fella. You're only going to wound an animal, hurt yourself and give 'have-a-go-hero's' the wrong idea as to what an airgun with around 30ft-lb

My advice? Don't even think about it!

You're planning on shooting it right where it has most protection. Have you ever seen the neck muscles on a wild boar?

What sort of muzzle energy does that put out? The minimum in the UK is the .243, putting out around 1800 ft-lb. A .tt air rifle is going to be running maybe 200 max!

The most likely outcome is that you severely annoy it and it decides to take it out on you. I really wouldn't want to be facing down a wild boar with only an airgun as protection. I've done it before, but I had 5 solid 12 bore slugs to call on (and used every one of them before the hog finally stopped!)

Denis,

Best of luck pal.

Make sure you wear your body armour and have written a letter telling your wife how much you love her and the kids.

Its probably going to be the last time you see them for some weeks while your healing from your wounds in hospital.

Boars are not bunnies and they will kill you very easily, especially shooting them with a pee shooter of 1200 FPS of .22 calibre.

You think that 1200 FPS is enough?

Last year i used a .22 that could be set at 54 FP or 1236FPS if i wanted it to.

I would of only shot bunnies with it mate.

Like i said best of luck.

Si

Edited by zini
  • Like 1

The Gamo runs at 1600 fps, the Hatsan at 1000.

The guy in that video does just about everything wrong.

There is far too much between him and the boar to achieve a consistently clean shot. There's no good backstop..... the list goes on.

To shoot a wild boar with a small calibre air rifle is stupid, dangerous and likely to get you hurt. It is also inhumane. You cannot guarantee a quick, clean kill. The animal will most likely be injured enough to enrage it, so it will do a lot of damage to anything around it, and it will be in a lot of pain.

I urge you not to try it. It's not fair on the animal. We need to have respect for our quarry, and make sure we dispatch it in the quickest, most humane method possible, and you can't guarantee it with an air rifle.

There ARE some air rifles that have enough power, but they are much larger calibre and deliver much more energy.

Denis.... It says OXO on busses....

Please forget it, fella. You're only going to wound an animal, hurt yourself and give 'have-a-go-hero's' the wrong idea as to what an airgun with around 30ft-lb's can do.

Sh1te marketing and PR for our sport by Gamo. But the Spanish see 'sport' in killing an already wounded bull in front of thousands of folks by some tw*t dressed like a drag queen.

Just leave it alone now, please.

Cheers. :icon_eek:

• Like 1

hi ya buddy

i will say what everyone else has said no no not in the uk with an air rifle :thumbs: but you are from CROATIA so you wont have the restrictions we have here in the uk ie flbs has to be under 12flbs in the uk unless you have an fac i dont know what it is like in CROATIA but i know in the usa they are using the hatsons and gamo's to shoot wild boars but the flbs are alot higher than over here buddy

shay

Venom. The rifle he's mentioned runs .22 at 1000fps, so muzzle energy around about 33 ft-lb, manifestly not enough to ensure a good, clean, humane kill in an animal as tough as a boar.

The Gamo rifle mentioned is running over 1 1/2 the mv of the one the op proposes to use, so has a far higher ME, around the 85 ft-lb mark. Still not really sufficient I would contend, but a whole heck of a lot better than the 30!

As stated earlier, the minimum round in the UK for them is a .243, which will run out around the 1800ft-lb mark, and that is considered marginal!

By all means, if you want to, try it out. We look forward to hearing from you about how it went when you get out of hospital!

For the .22 air rifle I assumed a 15 grain pellet. Even the heaviest pellets don't make much difference to ME. A Bisley magnum at 21 grains will give 47 ft-lb at 1000, up to 119 at 1600fps. The heaviest pellet I've heard of, the Dae Sung at 28 grains, would roll out at 62 at 1000fps, or 159 at 1600 fps. Still far from adequate!

Edited by matt_hooks
  • Like 1

I have a Hatsan mod 125Th (22 cal) and iam intrested in hog hunt i will use gamo raptor pellets so whot you think have I got chance to kill one I will shout it behind the ear on 30 yards please help if someone have some experience or know something :notworthy: :notworthy:

Your IP address says your not in Crotia :thumbs:

• Like 3

Your IP address says your not in Crotia :thumbs:

I was wondering about that......... :clapper:

usually mate we say "dont shoot things with underpowered guns as your just likely to wound it and it will die slowly." in this cae its the other way round!!! you will severly tick it off and unless you have a .45 revolver in your back pocket you'll end up a bit of dead meat or up a tree all night with a pissed off pig circling around underneath you. if you think a small boar cant do much damage then your wrong. my dad showed me a video that was taken whilst he was in germany 20 years back. it showed a hunter smiling on a driven boar hunt with his .303 at the ready. a boar erupts from the foliage and he takes 2 shots. the first one misses and th second one hits the boar in rear stomach bowling it over but it gets back up and furiously charges the hunter. the look of horror on his face would almost have been funny if he was'nt sent to hospital with severe ankle and leg wounds. it was lucky he killed it before it reached his neck and chest.