open firearms cert

Guest Magwitch

A BLOKE I KNOW WHO HAS A 22 RIMMY WAS TELLING ME YOU HAVE TO HAVE YOUR LICENCE 5 YEARS BEFORE YOU CAN APPLY THEN IF YOU HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS, YOU SHOULD GET A OPEN LICENCE WHICE ALLOWS YOU TO GO WEAR EVER YOU LIKE ON WRITTEN PERMISSION WITHOUT GETTING THE PLOD TO CHECK THE LAND YOU HAVE TO ASSES IT YOUR SELF

just received my open licence this year ,and beleive me it saves a lot of hassel not having to wait for the firearms dep clearing land then giving you the yes or no reply ,have lost permision because police couldnt contact farmer's , but now that isnt a problem , had to wait for my first renewal before it was granted

Guest midnight_runner
just received my open licence this year ,and beleive me it saves a lot of hassel not having to wait for the firearms dep clearing land then giving you the yes or no reply ,have lost permision because police couldnt contact farmer's , but now that isnt a problem , had to wait for my first renewal before it was granted

does this apply in scotland or is it just south of the border as i havent heard of it here

does this apply in scotland or is it just south of the border as i havent heard of it here

Covers Scotland as well!!! It just means your firearms ticket is deemed valid for any land you have permission on!! rather than just land designated on your ticket!!! You have an obligation to make sure whatever land you have permission on!! is suitable for the calibre of rifles your using?

Tom

ITS A STRANGE THING, I HAVE SPOKE TO LOADS OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE LOADS OF GROUND TO GO ON AND ALL OVER THE COUNTRY,WE PUT IN FOR OURS AND PUT A GOOD MANY FARMS DOWN,TOOK A GOOD WHILE 2 LOOK AT ALL THE FARMS AND WHILE THEY WERE CHECKING DIFFERENT FARMS OUT WE GOT MORE,WE ENDED UP WITH THEM GIVING US A OPEN TICKET FIRST TIME WE APPLIED,AND LIKE I SAID I KNOW LADS WHO HAVE ALOT MORE GROUND THAN US

You have an obligation to make sure whatever land you have permission on!! is suitable for the calibre of rifles your using?

THIS IS WHAT THEY SAID TO US AS WELL,KEEP HUNTING

i tried to apply after two year and although i have farms in the suoth west of scotland and the north east of england ,they said that it had to be a full time job of pest control before they would grant an open certificate before my first renewal

got mine after 16 months.and its just my hobby.

Edited by markbivvy
i tried to apply after two year and although i have farms in the suoth west of scotland and the north east of england ,they said that it had to be a full time job of pest control before they would grant an open certificate before my first renewal

got mine after 16 months.and its just my hobby.

gues it must be down to individual firearms departments

Guest scraget05

ive just had my fac back 3 weeks ago and when the firearms officer came to my house he was telling me that you can apply for it after a 1year and a half -2years but have to hae a good reason but after 3 years its automaticaly open but he said that you will have to contact us we wont contact you!! thats in gwent in wales

FAC used to be renewed every 3 years and not 5 years as it now stands, this is why you can apply for an open ticket after 3 years and get one granted. It is automatic at your first renewal, if you use it on land and not just ranges.

You can apply for one at any time though, it just depends on the police force and the person granting it.

I got mine after 2.5 years and asking for the second time, my mate got his after 6 months and he has less land than me. :hmm:

Edited by No messin