what bedding?

hi folks, i'm looking for a cheep bedding for my 9 month old pup. At the minute i've got him on a cushion type pet bed, but he's emptied it of stuffing. Don't want to keep paying £7 pound a pop everytime he fancies doing this. Was thinking of bedding him on straw, any good? any other advice appreciated

Vetbed,(profleece is the best) after using just about every type of bedding i definatly think vetbed is the best, you can boil wash it and drys with half hour,its lasts years (profleece does) ive boil washed mine for the past 7 years once a week and it still looks great and does the job, it dosnt get everywhere and theres no need to bin like straw etc,its antibacterial and if it gets wet it soaks to the bottom leaving the top layer dry and its anti chewable,its expensive but well worth the money and youll be saving in the long run to say how long you will have it,look on dog inn on the net and your best bet is to buy a 5 metre roll for around £110 free postage and you get loads on that roll, dont go for the cheaper versions as theyre crap! hope this helps :thumbs:

sorry just edited as ive seen the cheap bit on your post,but might be good for others reading the thread :thumbs:

Well 90% of the time i use starw, All i do is get a single bed quilt covers and put the straw in that it keeps the mess next to nothing, Tie a knot n it when you have filled it abit and then when you emptying it its easy to turn insde out job done...

In the summer months i tend just to use a few layers of carpet then discard when the when it gets colder

cheers guys, i think i'll give straw a blast, and possibley see about some quilt covers off the carboot. Vetbed sounds good, but in all honesty if i spent £110 on bedding for the dog, the wife would go ballistic and no doubt i'd be cuddling up with the dog lol. But thanks for the advice :thumbs: atb andy