African Lion Bow Kill

oh look it seems the so called drugged up tame lions are free roaming

this is off the site

'Caprivi is also one of the few areas in Africa where you can still truly hunt a free roaming lion and exceptional leopards.

even the south african ranch is 18000 acres

This privately owned game ranch is approximately 18 000 acres with other than the outer fences – no fences inside and no smaller camps.

All of our game is hunted on the free roaming ranch which is self sustainable. The lions we hunt all roam free on the property – it is a hard hunt finding these lions on the property but we have had a success rate of 100% in the last 3 years.

We have hunted numerous SCI gold and silver medals on our property, where we hunt exceptional kudu, waterbuck, wildebeest, lion, rhino, hippo and crocodile.

http://www.rassafaris.com/

Yes mate, i think you have helped prove a point. 100% success rate in three years...eerrrmm.....i wonder why that is.; :whistling::whistling:

It couldn't possibly be because the rangers and trackers in charge of tracking the game, are good at their jobs. :whistling:

Much the same as deer stalkers who can track and find a deer, if they know what they're doing?! :tongue2:

• Like 1

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's not my sort of hunting, but each to their own.

Not my type of hunting either, But these big game reserves were people pay £££ to shoot Lions, Rhinos etc.. have actualy played a big part in boosting the wild population numbers of many animals in

so many anti comments on this thread.   any wonder fox cant be hunted when hunters turn on their own .   nice one lads , keep it up . you wont be happy until they done shooting and fishing aswell

Posted Images

this is off the site

'Caprivi is also one of the few areas in Africa where you can still truly hunt a free roaming lion and exceptional leopards.

This privately owned game ranch is approximately 18 000 acres with other than the outer fences – no fences inside and no smaller camps.

All of our game is hunted on the free roaming ranch which is self sustainable. The lions we hunt all roam free on the property – it is a hard hunt finding these lions on the property but we have had a success rate of 100% in the last 3 years.

We have hunted numerous SCI gold and silver medals on our property, where we hunt exceptional kudu, waterbuck, wildebeest, lion, rhino, hippo and crocodile.

Yes mate, i think you have helped prove a point. 100% success rate in three years...eerrrmm.....i wonder why that is.; :whistling::whistling:

yep i know what your saying , maybe we should tell all the shoots in britain to rip down there bird pens. imagine the guns paying silly money for a days shoot and the keeper couldnt find the birds ( it doesnt happen) looks like the guys in africa are doing pretty much the same ( just over 18000 acres)

like i said

when in rome

the blokes a wanker and anyone who agrees with this needs there head checking out :icon_eek: the poor lion deserves better than that pointless death just a waste of life of a tame animal may aswell go shooting at west midlands safari park :doh:

thats all they are glorified safari parks watched a docu few month back they were walking about semi tame,and when the reporter pointed it out the guy wasnt to happy and told the crew to stop filming.

none!if you can read i saiid it was a documentary.

oh and im not interestd in how they are run or its not my cup of tea stuff.

im of the opinion that unless they are a danger or becoming a pest then animals like tigers elephants and lions should be left alone.

theee economy in most african states is shit anyway. half the c**ts live of aid and the other halfs got aids.

"Your not interested in how they are run" Yet you don't agree with them and deem them as safari parks! :clapper: . . . . Yes i thinks its probably best you stick to gaining your education through documentaries.

How many Game Reserves in Africa have you been to?

"Your not interested in how they are run" Yet you don't agree with them and deem them as safari parks! :clapper: . . . . Yes i thinks its probably best you stick to gaining your education through documentaries.

yea i will like most on here aswell.

unlike yourself of course as you said you have been,and have no reason to doubt you,but still think they should be left alone.

How refreshing to meet someone on here that does not retort with petty comments. :notworthy:

It just angers me that so many are quick to judge, yet so few have ANY knowledge or experience of the country or the hunting, other than what they have gained from the TV.

I am the first to admit that canned hunting does happen in Africa, whilst i was there we helped successfully shut down an illegal canned hunting farm . . breeding lions to dope and kill for mega money. But believe me when i say there are some very proffesional hunting companies that run their business to the highest standard.

Lions, Elephants and other big game to us are considered amazing . . which of course they all are, however when they are living on your doorstep, they become as common place as seeing a fox or a rabbit. The thinking that goes into maintaing the correct level of bio diversity within a reserve being it a hunting or tourist one, is astronomical. Too many lions, the hoof stock suffer, not enough lions the hoof stock thrive . . and then the bush is effected . . . its mental when its all broken down. Living and Working in Africa opened my eyes to a lot of things, and was certainly a massive learning curve. :thumbs:

Guest stewie

this is off the site

It couldn't possibly be because the rangers and trackers in charge of tracking the game, are good at their jobs. :whistling:

Much the same as deer stalkers who can track and find a deer, if they know what they're doing?! :tongue2:

hannah you obviously no f**k all about deer stalking then do you :hmm: :hmm: no stalker has 100% success rate over three years unless it in a deer park :doh:

Guest stewie

i beleive in fair game, that to me was mindless and money oreintated, for the obvious reasons

:icon_eek:

is partridge / pheasant shooting wrong? it could even go far as fishing trout stock ponds

i no this will go down like a lead ballon on here BUT yes i think driven game shooting is wrong and cannot be classed as REAL hunting and ive got a BTEC 1st diploma on gamkeeping!!!! pheasants are on par with free range chickens only difference is they live in woods they follow the keeper calling them like the pied piper before a drive its to easy but rough shooting is a different ball game and so would rough shooting of lions would be compared to this decable :thumbs: :thumbs:

this is off the site

hannah you obviously no f**k all about deer stalking then do you :hmm: :hmm: no stalker has 100% success rate over three years unless it in a deer park :doh:

I'm not sure that i mentioned i was knowledgeable on deer stalking did i?

Reserves in Africa are within a boundry fence . . . . all be it that the fence may surround 18000 acres . . . there is still a fence. So i should imagine that if your employed to track lions and big game, then i am pretty sure you would keep up to speed with where your animals are. I would even go as far as to say you might just drive around on a daily basis to keep up to date with the animals movements, their territories change with the seasons . . however if you know whereabouts in the reserve they are, then again i would be bold enough to say that like a deer stalker you would follow spore and keep notes on your sightings of them, just incase someone decides they want to shoot one and you have to take them to the quarry. :whistling:

Now do you think that a deer stalker would be able to keep up to speed with deer in a "park"? Because the comparison is the same if we are going to get picky. :whistling:

i beleive in fair game, that to me was mindless and money oreintated, for the obvious reasons

is partridge / pheasant shooting wrong? it could even go far as fishing trout stock ponds

i no this will go down like a lead ballon on here BUT yes i think driven game shooting is wrong and cannot be classed as REAL hunting and ive got a BTEC 1st diploma on gamkeeping!!!! pheasants are on par with free range chickens only difference is they live in woods they follow the keeper calling them like the pied piper before a drive its to easy but rough shooting is a different ball game and so would rough shooting of lions would be compared to this decable :thumbs: :thumbs:

thank you for your honesty ,shocking but honest

rough shooting or driven them birds all came from the same place and 80% of the time have been fed to pull them in anyway.

me im a firm believer in 'respect other peoples fieldsports even if you do not do it yourself'

Guest stewie

this is off the site

I'm not sure that i mentioned i was knowledgeable on deer stalking did i?

Reserves in Africa are within a boundry fence . . . . all be it that the fence may surround 18000 acres . . . there is still a fence. So i should imagine that if your employed to track lions and big game, then i am pretty sure you would keep up to speed with where your animals are. I would even go as far as to say you might just drive around on a daily basis to keep up to date with the animals movements, their territories change with the seasons . . however if you know whereabouts in the reserve they are, then again i would be bold enough to say that like a deer stalker you would follow spore and keep notes on your sightings of them, just incase someone decides they want to shoot one and you have to take them to the quarry. :whistling:

Now do you think that a deer stalker would be able to keep up to speed with deer in a "park"? Because the comparison is the same if we are going to get picky. :whistling:

yeah but how many stalkers cover that ground???? even if there is only ten that still breaks down the area each stalker covers to a easily managed site :thumbs:

chimp ive done beating all my life and a year studying keeping at rodbaston so i no what im on about i respect it but dont like it hence why im a lurcher/scrap man and not a keeper :thumbs:

With a statement like that you'd better throw yer f*****g diploma in the bin. The biggest load of shite i've heard on here for a while. :wallbash:

Pied piper pish..........you've obviously slept wi a keeper :wallbash:

How the f**k can rough shooting be harder to organise than a driven day....? Doesn't matter if you've got 10 thousand birds in a wood you still have to get them to fly the correct way, dont get them to flush at the wrong time, wind allowance....etc ..etc.

You deserve whats coming at you for a ridicoulos f*****g post :feck:

Guest stewie

With a statement like that you'd better throw yer f*****g diploma in the bin. The biggest load of shite i've heard on here for a while. :wallbash:

Pied piper pish..........you've obviously slept wi a keeper :wallbash:

How the f**k can rough shooting be harder to organise than a driven day....? Doesn't matter if you've got 10 thousand birds in a wood you still have to get them to fly the correct way, dont get them to flush at the wrong time, wind allowance....etc ..etc.

You deserve whats coming at you for a ridicoulos f*****g post :feck:

my diploma went in the bin years ago mate :thumbs: never said rough shooting was harder to organise than a rough shoot infact its no way near as hard few lads and few dogs some nice ground and see what pops up along the way while having a good crack :thumbs: i no what im on about labtastic ive been there and done it and dont interest me one bit nowadays :thumbs: never slept with a keeper but once nailed a guns daughter after a big piss up on beaters day but thats another story :feck::bye:

aberchalder estate scotland , 30000 acres of free roaming deer

Red Deer Stag Stalking

The estate can offer guests Red Deer Stag Stalking - from £375 per stag (incl. VAT)

You will be taken onto the estate by our experienced Gamekeeper. Due to the terrain the estate use both Land Rovers and Argos to take clients onto the hills.

i really cant see the difference