African Lion Bow Kill

Does 'sadly lost contact' mean that she used and abused her bit of ruff? :clapper:

I would say its a "different" style of hunting mate and its hard graft for a good few months of the year, longer if you have a rearing field as well. Its just a matter of what ever floats yer boat and whats for 1 wont be for another. :thumbs:

LOL thats proberly true and defo my loss not hers!!! :icon_redface:

it is hard graft mate never said it wasnt :thumbs: and i was wrong to slag shooting off i mean you NEVER,EVER hear lurchermen getting slagged off do you :whistling: :whistling:

Well you'll never here it from me mate, am quite happy for you to follow your passion. Quite like to give it a go myself but not worth the hassle of losing my gun license :thumbs:

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's not my sort of hunting, but each to their own.

Not my type of hunting either, But these big game reserves were people pay £££ to shoot Lions, Rhinos etc.. have actualy played a big part in boosting the wild population numbers of many animals in

so many anti comments on this thread.   any wonder fox cant be hunted when hunters turn on their own .   nice one lads , keep it up . you wont be happy until they done shooting and fishing aswell

Posted Images

Guest stewie

Does 'sadly lost contact' mean that she used and abused her bit of ruff? :clapper:

I would say its a "different" style of hunting mate and its hard graft for a good few months of the year, longer if you have a rearing field as well. Its just a matter of what ever floats yer boat and whats for 1 wont be for another. :thumbs:

LOL thats proberly true and defo my loss not hers!!! :icon_redface:

it is hard graft mate never said it wasnt :thumbs: and i was wrong to slag shooting off i mean you NEVER,EVER hear lurchermen getting slagged off do you :whistling: :whistling:

Well you'll never here it from me mate, am quite happy for you to follow your passion. Quite like to give it a go myself but not worth the hassle of losing my gun license :thumbs:

give it ago mate you really dont no what your missing plenty of people have guns and lurchers!!!! they make good rough shooting partners aswell :thumbs:

Edited by stewie

aberchalder estate scotland , 30000 acres of free roaming deer

Red Deer Stag Stalking

The estate can offer guests Red Deer Stag Stalking - from £375 per stag (incl. VAT)

You will be taken onto the estate by our experienced Gamekeeper. Due to the terrain the estate use both Land Rovers and Argos to take clients onto the hills.

i really cant see the difference

you shooting them with bows are you pal, ever found dead deer with arrows in there neck , ran on and died away from the poachers,dont know the circumstances of that footage but that to me seemed like going up to a domestic cat and shooting it with a gat gun.

you see just because they are banned here doesnt mean they dont kill , them arrow heads bleed animals out pretty quick and can kill just as quick as a bullet , you are talking about a badly placed shot ............. a bit like shooting really isnt it.

yes we have all seen pics of deer with a badly placed arrow but just because a bullet hole doesnt look as 'horrific' as an arrow sticking out of it's neck does not mean a deer can run off.

now saying that ive never picked up a bow and doubt i ever will but still respect some of the technical advances in bows and how clever the heads are for bleeding the animals out

40KE_Closed_TIP.jpg

aberchalder estate scotland , 30000 acres of free roaming deer

Red Deer Stag Stalking

The estate can offer guests Red Deer Stag Stalking - from £375 per stag (incl. VAT)

You will be taken onto the estate by our experienced Gamekeeper. Due to the terrain the estate use both Land Rovers and Argos to take clients onto the hills.

i really cant see the difference

you shooting them with bows are you pal, ever found dead deer with arrows in there neck , ran on and died away from the poachers,dont know the circumstances of that footage but that to me seemed like going up to a domestic cat and shooting it with a gat gun.

you see just because they are banned here doesnt mean they dont kill , them arrow heads bleed animals out pretty quick and can kill just as quick as a bullet , you are talking about a badly placed shot ............. a bit like shooting really isnt it.

yes we have all seen pics of deer with a badly placed arrow but just because a bullet hole doesnt look as 'horrific' as an arrow sticking out of it's neck does not mean a deer can run off.

now saying that ive never picked up a bow and doubt i ever will but still respect some of the technical advances in bows and how clever the heads are for bleeding the animals out

whos talking shite now, those bows are much more accurate and efficent at killing arent they, dont waste my time :laugh::laugh:

40KE_Closed_TIP.jpg

Edited by whippet 99

Although it wouldn't be something that i would want to do, i see no wrong with that clip.

How many of you have stalked wild African lions on foot??? I have, on numerous occasions when i worked in South Africa, our purpose was for research and not hunting, but the stalk is the same, the spoor is followed and you can literally walk up to a pride of resting lions without problem. Lionesses with cubs, or a pride on a kill then of course you wouldn't get that close. Lions that have eaten and in the heat of the sun, with no cubs are easy to get very close too, they may stand up and look at you, then move further away, but rarely would they attack, unless provoked.

Big game hunting in Africa when done correctly is one of the main incomes to continue with the thousands of conservation projects on the go, without it the Wild African bush would be in serious trouble. Lions are not endangered and if someone is prepared to pay thousands of dollars to hunt them and contribute to the country's income then i see nothing wrong with it. :thumbs:

SPOT ON ... :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

oh look it seems the so called drugged up tame lions are free roaming

this is off the site

'Caprivi is also one of the few areas in Africa where you can still truly hunt a free roaming lion and exceptional leopards.

even the south african ranch is 18000 acres

This privately owned game ranch is approximately 18 000 acres with other than the outer fences – no fences inside and no smaller camps.

All of our game is hunted on the free roaming ranch which is self sustainable. The lions we hunt all roam free on the property – it is a hard hunt finding these lions on the property but we have had a success rate of 100% in the last 3 years.

We have hunted numerous SCI gold and silver medals on our property, where we hunt exceptional kudu, waterbuck, wildebeest, lion, rhino, hippo and crocodile.

http://www.rassafaris.com/

Hey can scotthunter bring his ferretts out to the Caprivi ranch and show's us how they can catch African pest species....? :rofl:

this is off the site

'Caprivi is also one of the few areas in Africa where you can still truly hunt a free roaming lion and exceptional leopards.

This privately owned game ranch is approximately 18 000 acres with other than the outer fences – no fences inside and no smaller camps.

All of our game is hunted on the free roaming ranch which is self sustainable. The lions we hunt all roam free on the property – it is a hard hunt finding these lions on the property but we have had a success rate of 100% in the last 3 years.

We have hunted numerous SCI gold and silver medals on our property, where we hunt exceptional kudu, waterbuck, wildebeest, lion, rhino, hippo and crocodile.

Yes mate, i think you have helped prove a point. 100% success rate in three years...eerrrmm.....i wonder why that is.; :whistling: :whistling:

Hunters pay $ for guides/outfitters world wide - successful ones have repeat biz. The hunting biz is nonexistant in the UK because there aint shite worth hunting there... Proper scouting and preparation make for a higher success rate. My brother is an outfitter/guide and his hunts have a 98% success rate on Archery Trophy Bull Elk here in Arizona this is a 40 year average.No other outfitter/guides come close to these success rates... There are no game ranches in Arizona it's not permitted legally.... We have had jealous loudmouths say shite about his camps and even make false reports to the law causing expensive legal investigations only to prove (on several occasions) that we had done nothing illegal or unethical ... Shame on you JD for making a statement like that..... High success rates usually mean that the guides are doing their job...

Perhaps if the "hunters " in the UK were willing to pay a price for hunting then so much of it wouldn't be banned...

Perhaps if the "hunters" in the UK could become willing they could pay the price necessary to gain some of their hunting privileges back.

Nothing is free in this world - I don't see the United Utopia of the UK providing free hunting for the loyal subjects... Stick together as hunters and it's a win win situation start back stabbing and only the anti's win ....

Perhaps I am over stepping my bounds here a bit but the one thing I have learned when I comes to picking at other people is that is is better to sit down and have a nice big cup of "SHUT THE FECK UP"

post-44911-127678760121_thumb.jpg

:gunsmilie:

The trackers i met in Africa were nothing shot of genius. These guys live and breath the bush, its in their souls and the things they notice would pass even the sharpest stalker by. Even in the time i was there i picked up so much from working with them daily, but still i could stare at a patch of bush where they were pointing to an enormous bull elephant and not even see it!

Its more than a skill and they are worth their weight in gold to any big game hunting business. The success rate will be high, because of the very fact that these guys are pros, they know where their animals are and will find them any time of day or night, if you ask them they will probably tell you where the animal has been most the day, what its eaten, who its mated with and where its shit! They are that accurate. :notworthy: :notworthy:

I have no problem with people not agreeing with big game hunting . . . my problem is with the ignorance of people who have not a clue about the game in question, the nature of the beast, or the culture of the country in which it resides. It is very easy to jump on "its a tame lion" band wagon . . . . We all know bad practice happens in this trade . . but until you've been, seen and got the proverbial T shirt then i see your arguments as nil and void.

Africa is a stunning country and imo has the greatest wildlife, it is also a rough country and if you think shooting a lion with a bow is bad . . . my god i won't even go into the "real Africa", poaching on these reserves is horrendous and causes un told suffering to all species of animals that live there. I saw a rhino snared round its middle, the wire 3inchs buried into its hide, its back end had been eaten by hyenes, it was being feasted on by vultures as we arrived to put the poor beast out of its misery. . . . . . Tourism and Big game hunting pay to prevent this shit happening on a more frequent basis, anti poaching units and conservation experts working together to ensure the future of wild african game. But then i guess they didn't go into that on your documentaries and planet earth Dvd's did they.

Look at the bigger picture and i think you'll all have your eyes opened. :thumbs:

• Like 2

this is off the site

Yes mate, i think you have helped prove a point. 100% success rate in three years...eerrrmm.....i wonder why that is.; :whistling::whistling:

It couldn't possibly be because the rangers and trackers in charge of tracking the game, are good at their jobs. :whistling:

Much the same as deer stalkers who can track and find a deer, if they know what they're doing?! :tongue2:

hannah you obviously no f**k all about deer stalking then do you :hmm: :hmm: no stalker has 100% success rate over three years unless it in a deer park :doh:

I'm not sure that i mentioned i was knowledgeable on deer stalking did i?

Reserves in Africa are within a boundry fence . . . . all be it that the fence may surround 18000 acres . . . there is still a fence. So i should imagine that if your employed to track lions and big game, then i am pretty sure you would keep up to speed with where your animals are. I would even go as far as to say you might just drive around on a daily basis to keep up to date with the animals movements, their territories change with the seasons . . however if you know whereabouts in the reserve they are, then again i would be bold enough to say that like a deer stalker you would follow spore and keep notes on your sightings of them, just incase someone decides they want to shoot one and you have to take them to the quarry. :whistling:

Now do you think that a deer stalker would be able to keep up to speed with deer in a "park"? Because the comparison is the same if we are going to get picky. :whistling:

not hard to find where a pride is if one of thems got a radio coller on whitch they probably have