African Lion Bow Kill

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's not my sort of hunting, but each to their own.

Not my type of hunting either, But these big game reserves were people pay £££ to shoot Lions, Rhinos etc.. have actualy played a big part in boosting the wild population numbers of many animals in

so many anti comments on this thread.   any wonder fox cant be hunted when hunters turn on their own .   nice one lads , keep it up . you wont be happy until they done shooting and fishing aswell

Posted Images

no not sporting,not even hunting,but would you make it illegal?

its their property if someone is willing to pay thousands to kill it (tied to a tree or not) thats their business not mine (or yours)

i suppose everyone makes choices . itwouldnt suit me .. would i make it illigal NO

i dont like rollerscates ,,but i wouldnt make them illigal either

but ive shot .fished hunted with dogs and f,,ck knows what over 40 years , traveled to more countries than most can name ,, and allways had respect for what i killed before and after it was dead .. to me there was no resect there but ok blan yes things happen just not for me ;)

quote name='chimp' date='16 June 2010 - 04:23 PM' timestamp='1276701800' post='1599177']

so many anti comments on this thread.

any wonder fox cant be hunted when hunters turn on their own .

nice one lads , keep it up . you wont be happy until they done shooting and fishing aswell :wallbash:

I don't know about anti comments chimp, personally if a hunter was to venture into the African bush and stalk and kill a wild lion, then thats hunting, also the license costs will go back into the community and wildlife, many of these species need to be harvested to control the numbers to ensure the ecological balance. "stalking", and I use that term with my tongue firmly in my cheek that lion that just lies there whilst a film crew noisly trample across the savannah just shows that lion was as wild and difficult to stalk as a oak tree. Personally I enjoy shooting/fishing and working my dogs but to me its about being in the countryside and my quarry always has a good chance to escape, for me thats the thrill of hunting, otherwise I'd just go and fish in my garden pond, tip a pet rabbit into the field for my dog or shoot ducks nesting at night. Different cultures and all that but personally I would get no enjoyment from shooting a tame or semi tame animal................

who said it was tame .......... THE HUNTING LIFE ........

we dont know the facts about it so i dont think anyone should say how out of order it is , its like the muppets on here who say hares are only for lurchers or killing milky doe rabbits is out of line (even it is pest control)

we dont know if it had been wounded and needed to pts , or if it was old and on it's last legs. what i did notice on a few of his other films he shot a giraffe to show to what great effect the arrow heads work on game ( oh the giraffe was dead prior to the shot )

they DO breed lions on game reserves out there for people to hunt as you CANNOT hunt them wild , all it is doing is giving someone the opportunity to hunt an african beast.

me personaly would want to hunt only wild animals BUT i respect ANY other forms of hunting / shooting / culling call it what you want

also what makes you think these things cant escape , the reserves are f*****g massive !!

you show me an adult TAME lion

next time i walk up on a hare to give it a swift boot up the arse i will remember the hunting lifes words of wisdom............ it's tame

Edited by chimp

and another note if someone said to me here go shoot that lion in its cage i for one would be shouting where are the shells.......then id scratch myself and makje a film called lion hunter of yorkshire too fukin right i would,,,tame or not tame still make a nice rug

who said it was tame .......... THE HUNTING LIFE ........

we dont know the facts about it so i dont think anyone should say how out of order it is , its like the muppets on here who say hares are only for lurchers or killing milky doe rabbits is out of line (even it is pest control)

we dont know if it had been wounded and needed to pts , or if it was old and on it's last legs. what i did notice on a few of his other films he shot a giraffe to show to what great effect the arrow heads work on game ( oh the giraffe was dead prior to the shot )

they DO breed lions on game reserves out there for people to hunt as you CANNOT hunt them wild , all it is doing is giving someone the opportunity to hunt an african beast.

me personaly would want to hunt only wild animals BUT i respect ANY other forms of hunting / shooting / culling call it what you want

also what makes you think these things cant escape , the reserves are f*****g massive !!

you show me an adult TAME lion

I agree chimp, "the hunting life", now could be wrong but its highly unlikely, as unlikely as me choosing cous cous over steak that that lion was wild or injured, to me thats not "hunting". Im not doubting the effect of a well placed arrow, thats not my point,i have seen bow hunitng on film and its amazing.

As for the tame lion, no probelm, Clarence is in the yard munching on a kudu and is looking forward to a tickle behind the mane.................then a local lad is paying me £20,000 to pepper him with an air rifle.......

simonman you need to get some blood lust thats for sure,,who really cares as who are we to judge others on there chosen way of doing things....each to there own but id do it for sure and how many decent lads on hear would turn that exact same chance down if it was offered for free,,,idiots and liars will say oh i wouldnt do it the rest would say too right,,,,,even if it was tame i recon if it was me id still be shitting myself

:thumbdown: might as well just come to our wood and shoot at paper target faces or 3Ds.i can do that any day of the week.

also i would like to point out that the twat also had another arrow nocked on the string and turned round back towards the guide and the camera man with the bow upright.so what if the lion had a last gasp got to its feet and tried to charge them? big no no in my book.ok its not like holding a loaded rifle with the safety off because the bow wasnt at draw.but a wounded charging lion. 3 blokes shittin it.the guide fumbling with the rifle for a split second.you could see what could happen.

simonman you need to get some blood lust thats for sure,,who really cares as who are we to judge others on there chosen way of doing things....each to there own but id do it for sure and how many decent lads on hear would turn that exact same chance down if it was offered for free,,,idiots and liars will say oh i wouldnt do it the rest would say too right,,,,,even if it was tame i recon if it was me id still be shitting myself

Spider, im not judging, just not my cup of tea or what i'd call hunting, would I turn down the chance to shoot a lion that looks that tame, 100% yes I would, offer me the same chance with a wild lion that needed harvesting and I'd be more interested but hunting lions has never been on my to do list and im neither an idiot or liar. As for "shitting myself", too right whether its tame or wild.

As for bloodlust, as you know, its not in my nature.

would you f**k hunt a wild lion ya wont even let ya dog of its lead hahahahah why cant everyone see and realise that these paid hunts preserve the wildlife and without them there would be f**k all but big ass flies over there,,,,why judge it,,,why even say stupid fukin comments,,watch it for what it is,,, a man shooting a lion with a bow,,,,they dont judge us on a driven pheasant shoot with 1500 plus birds shot in a day ect ect do they...respect them for what they do,the guides for there knowledge and hunters for there bollox tip your hat and say fair play.......the true hunters will agree the bought in hunters and none generation hunters will say oh please no poor lion ect ect i wouldnt do it...... f**k me its a lion...id shoot a dead one if it looked fresh just to say id done it......... wayyyyy too much divide on this site sometimes way too fukin much

• Like 1

would you f**k hunt a wild lion ya wont even let ya dog of its lead hahahahah why cant everyone see and realise that these paid hunts preserve the wildlife and without them there would be f**k all but big ass flies over there,,,,why judge it,,,why even say stupid fukin comments,,watch it for what it is,,, a man shooting a lion with a bow,,,,they dont judge us on a driven pheasant shoot with 1500 plus birds shot in a day ect ect do they...respect them for what they do,the guides for there knowledge and hunters for there bollox tip your hat and say fair play.......the true hunters will agree the bought in hunters and none generation hunters will say oh please no poor lion ect ect i wouldnt do it...... f**k me its a lion...id shoot a dead one if it looked fresh just to say id done it......... wayyyyy too much divide on this site sometimes way too fukin much

:yes::yes::yes::yes:

Well spider I wouldnt be hunting the lion with my dog........As for stupid f*****g comments, its all about opinions and debate, surely thats what makes it interesting, as I said, not my cup of tea but as for big game hunting, no problem, as already said its vital for the local economy. You say there is too much divide and then seperate "true hunters" from none generation hunters, pot and kettle my felching friend