Shivering whippets

And again i think a little b it more, and i am sure most people who have owned these dogs would agree... and have said many times "thats not a beddy it a whimp of a show dog"

working beddy strain............ show dog beddy strain...... yea, ok, both beddys, but totally different dogs......

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

lol, whippets shiver coz they are cold pal. Take one out on a hard winters morning, and your fun will be cut short... get a x mate, dont know where you have heard that a whippet is better than a whipp

Posted Images

And again i think a little b it more, and i am sure most people who have owned these dogs would agree... and have said many times "thats not a beddy it a whimp of a show dog"

working beddy strain............ show dog beddy strain...... yea, ok, both beddys, but totally different dogs......

take it you dont no much about whippets mate as a show dog ie a laguna bred

dog or any other kc dog are what you make them.if you feed and condition

them right they will work same as any other dog

IMG_0703.jpg

:thumbs:

lol, luke yes you are correct as all whippets are show whippets(if kennel club reg) but like i said, they are a different stamp, or am i wrong their to. This always happens when whippets are mentioned on here. And about them shaking...I avent said they are bad workers, not clever dogs etc, just shiver and can ruin a day on some cold winter fells...but so will other breeds of lurcher, like i have already said...

p.s, lovely looking dog.....

I'd always assumed that "the whippet shivers" was due to pent-up excitement.

My youngest bitch is 100% kelpie and 0% whippet, yet she shivers in exactly the same way. She does it on three main occasions: 1)when she's just gone through the side gate, waiting for me to put her collar and lead on, 2) when we reach the wood and she's waiting for me to let her off the lead and 3) if we meet anybody on the way to the wood and stop for a chat. It's like she's saying, "Come on: get a move on!"

You right mate. Was just out walking the 3 1/2 month old pup and met a guy who thought he was full grown, many people do- and to be fair he's not far off one of these show pony whippets already. The laguna whippets, if well bred and conditioned are more akin to a grew - 20+ tts, will go through a brick wall for their quarry and will take all quarry (pre ban).

ive not read full topic

but however,,,,lol

i have 3 bwra whips from diffrent strains,,,, :thumbs:

white/ patri,in my signature,,,,does not feel cold much nice coat

fawn dog does feel it more,,,,but is harder

black one,,,,doesnt feel cold

and yes theve been out with me lamping ( part / time,,,,and race when frezzing temperture,s)

every whip breed is diffrent,,,,depends on there up bringing,,,and the coat,i,e breed,,,,,,,, :thumbs: ( one thing for sure there all diffrent,,,,i think mainly 90% is there up bringing,,,, :thumbs: to how they handle the cold,,,,kenneled whippet should fair better :thumbs:

ive not read full topic

but however,,,,lol

i have 3 bwra whips from diffrent strains,,,, :thumbs:

white/ patri,in my signature,,,,does not feel cold much nice coat

fawn dog does feel it more,,,,but is harder

black one,,,,doesnt feel cold

and yes theve been out with me lamping ( part / time,,,,and race when frezzing temperture,s)

every whip breed is diffrent,,,,depends on there up bringing,,,and the coat,i,e breed,,,,,,,, :thumbs: ( one thing for sure there all diffrent,,,,i think mainly 90% is there up bringing,,,, :thumbs: to how they handle the cold,,,,kenneled whippet should fair better :thumbs:

Nice 1, thanks for the back up. At least you knew what i meant when i said, they are different.... And at least you have prove right their...

Someone who knows that it was an argument, and didnt get all shirty for once on here, thanks pal...

Yes but we werent talk laguna, we were talking whippets in general.... lagunas are like a different dog..

' lagunas are like a different dog" :clapper:

As in?????

OK Laguna whippets :thumbs: were a kennel of show/coursing whippets that were very successful at both :thumbs: consisting of show champions and the very same dogs were top coursing whippets. Whippet coursing had very strict rules ie SIZE if they were over kc limits they could nt compete end of,so they were uniform in size and comparison to their opponents, no different, not bigger if they were they could nt compete simple as that and were no different from other dogs they were matched with

Y.I.S Leeview

before you read this im not saying all whippets are like this. a good few whippets ive seen on the lamp are brilliant and serve a perpose well but ive found in bad weather these great performers dont seem to give the same working ability. now these are the same whippets in good and bad weather but often in heavy rain and when its very windy ive found them huddled to my leggs with there heads down and as a whole my lurchers done all the work but again been with others that are like the bloody sas and no stopping em . and a few of my mates whippets have had to be put back in the van. so i think you cant generalise a breed and say there all good or all bad some cope better then others. but a whippet is the english sighthound breed so in theiry a good un should really have no problem with our weather. but like any breed you get your bad uns

Edited by jamie1011

A dog is only as good as it's owner, keep a dog in a centrally heated house 24/7 and it won't handle the cold simple as that.

My whippets don't seem to mind the cold..

IMG_7856.jpg

And the fawn is half show bred too!!!!