My Kazakh Tazi

nice but small the kazick stan dogs i saw were 25 26 and the ones bred to a collie lurcher were powerful dogs,hope she does the bizness as its along wait for apup that doesnt have the legs to be up and at them ,she looks well blanced but i would had preferd her up at 24 25 inches , hope it goes well

She is typical of the bitches I saw in Kazakhstan Almaty region the dogs typically topped out at 25-26".

Loads of pics which I took here;

I think Steve's brindle bitch is of a taller rangier type more like typical Saluki, the rest his almaty type are smaller bitches like mine, I specifically wanted and small stocky bitch for rattling along hedge bottom and through woods, If I had wanted a larger one I would went for dog pup but I have no need for another 25 to 27" for my knock about hunting.

Thanks all the same.

did you get the chance to catchgame or hunt game ,to see whats there style etc

No it was still too early in the year and too hot. I did see and lot of video footage and had hunts described to me and saw dogs running out over terrain they hunt over. I've seen enough and heard enough from friends across world to know they will suit me very well. :)

Thanks again for the comment everyone.

She is lovely mark :thumbs: looks every inch part of the pack :yes: well worth the time and effort, not to mention the anticipation :icon_eek: very best of luck with Nura ;) interesting times ahead Im sure, she gonna see it all your ways on :yes: some terrain but then again she bred for it :)

Certainly looks made to stay and stay and stay and stay……… ad infinitum :thumbs: .

Very much so, though more of a rough terrain hunting dog than open fen coursing dog.

Good to see a genuine Tazi in the UK :notworthy: shes a beauty all the best with her :thumbs:

It is isn't it!! and now we know how to do it we can do it again! Nura is not the first to reach the UK but the other 2 unfortunately ended up with the RSPCA and of course were spayed and re-homed, such a waste after all the work it takes to get them here.

Fair play to you Meerihunter, you deserve nothing but success for all the time, effort and expense you've invested in the project.

Well to be fair the breeder Vladimir and then Brett and Jess who kept Nura for me for 7-8 months put in all the effort, I just had to get myself down to Heathrow to collect her and 1 or 2 other bits and pieces to sort at this end.

Congrats on getting the Tazi, One of my mates has a litter of Tazis due soon out of Steves breeding. They are very tough dogs and never seem to get hurt but not the fastest dogs, but the crosses are rockets my black bitch bred out Steves brindle bitch to his lurcher was incredibly fast. i have two pups out of her that will have their first real coursing season later this year.

Look forward to hearing how your bitch does.