ok i wanna start out on photography and i was wondering what kind of camera should i get i would mainly be taken pictures of wildlife and wee bit of a distance nnot to far so what would you recommened it would be in the £150 price range

ATB Rory

ok i wanna start out on photography and i was wondering what kind of camera should i get i would mainly be taken pictures of wildlife and wee bit of a distance nnot to far so what would you recommened it would be in the £150 price range

ATB Rory

Best save for a bit

I have to agree that if you want to do wildlife photography you really need a DSLR camera and a telephoto lens, so you will need to double your budget and add a bit more if you want to buy new.

A pocket sized compact job justisn't going to deliver the goods :(

Any digital Nikon or Canon over 6 mega pixels..

10-12 or above in mega pixels is a waste of money, unless your a pro and going to be printing 24x36 prints..6 mega pixels will print off 13x19 prints easily..if your only wanting 8x10 prints 5 mega pixels will do..as a total wildlife photographer I go more for how many frames per second, thats one of the reasons I opted for a camera thats capable of 8 fps..

Lense...the best you can afford

Edited by Romany

Have a look at Nikon D3000, Canon 1000D, or Pentax K-x models. You will also need a 70-300mm lens or similar to fit on the camera.

Alternatively something like this or this might suit you. These are known as bridge cameras and have fixed lenses, and are therefore quite limited, but the image quality is reasonable

ATB Rory

hi roy if you are just starting out get yourself a fuji finepix DSLR if you go on to the bay you can pick up a brand new one mine is about 6 years old it is a s5500 4 million pix and 10x optical, they do them in 12x & 18x it is the easiest camera to work , i am going to get a 3x tel phot lens for mine that will take it up to 30x and it costs less than £50, i am no expert but if you buy any camera it is the optical that makes the camera not the digital, have a look at my posts for the pictures that i have taken hope this helps you atb garjimmys092.jpgy

Big ears i am a fan of your work and i was wondering were do you get a 3x o

tel photo lens from for £50 and also i have looking at camera and here they are

1. fuji finepix s2500HD

2.nikon coolpix L100 10MP Black Superzoom

3.Nikon L110 Superzoom

4.Fujifilm S1600 Superzoom Digital Camera?

what are your thoughts

ATB Rory