Bodygrip Magnum

Just got the 116, nice bit of kit. Just a few questions about it....

1. Can you use it horizontally (with a trap pan for example)?

2. Any good designs for tunnels?

The second question is particularly annoying me as it has a huge spring sticking out of one side! Any suggestions?

To answer

1. No you use the trap vertically placed so it fires towards the target...don't try and use it horizontally..

2. Use any tunnel, wood, plastic, weld mesh, etc with a slot cut for the spring or just stabilise trap and bend spring arm down out the way and put weld mesh tunnel over.. Theres many ways of stabilising the trap, If your new to them, I'd recommend getting a hold of the bodygrip basics DVD to give you a better understanding of how they work and some examples of stabilising them... Its got our very own chalkwarren and snareman on it alsovictory.gif

To answer

1. No you use the trap vertically placed so it fires towards the target...don't try and use it horizontally..

2. Use any tunnel, wood, plastic, weld mesh, etc with a slot cut for the spring or just stabilise trap and bend spring arm down out the way and put weld mesh tunnel over.. Theres many ways of stabilising the trap, If your new to them, I'd recommend getting a hold of the bodygrip basics DVD to give you a better understanding of how they work and some examples of stabilising them... Its got our very own chalkwarren and snareman on it alsovictory.gif

Thanks for the help. Just one other question then...does the spring have to be situated at 90° to the trap? Or can it be facing straight up/down as well? Presumably this wouldn't affect it's effectiveness...

To answer

Thanks for the help. Just one other question then...does the spring have to be situated at 90° to the trap? Or can it be facing straight up/down as well? Presumably this wouldn't affect it's effectiveness...

These traps can be a daunting if you've not handled one before but are excellent once you are familiar with their safe and humane use . As you are doing it is best to take advice over any doubt you may have before playing with them too much. The Magnum Trap Company site gives some basic advice on their use and the variations in spring position . Good luck and watch the digits!

Edited by comanche

To answer

You can put the spring whatever position you like, it doesn't have to be sat at 90deg.

laugh.gif Had it a few year now John, had hilux before that... Blasted things just cost me a few quid mind for test, UJ joint, fuel pressure regulator and damper bushes.......whistling.gif