chavs with air rifles

we have just had a family move in up the road they have two boys about 14 and 17 they have got an air rifle and are causing a neusence shooting at chinmney pots and glas bottles basicly just being nobs they clearly have nothing to do with hunting

my concern is that these sort of people give us serious hunters a bad name and it is only a matter of time before someone gets heart

i am going to call the police if it continues do you think this is the right thing to do what are your thoughts on this what would you do i dont want to make things worse but i think they need sorting out

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Grow up!   People like these tools give EVERYONE who uses guns legally a bad name!   Better to be a grass than to find out someone has been hurt because you didn't notify the police! Yep the pol

"Yeah lower yourself to being a grasser "   And when a wee kiddie gets a pellet stuck in their head, you can hold your head high and say "at least i'm not a grass".   I would never go to the polic

ask them if they want a day out

we have just had a family move in up the road they have two boys about 14 and 17 they have got an air rifle and are causing a neusence shooting at chinmney pots and glas bottles basicly just being nobs they clearly have nothing to do with hunting

my concern is that these sort of people give us serious hunters a bad name and it is only a matter of time before someone gets heart

i am going to call the police if it continues do you think this is the right thing to do what are your thoughts on this what would you do i dont want to make things worse but i think they need sorting out

after todays tragedy it wont be long till there airgun fiascos will be soon ended.

The way I would handle it is go round, see the parents, explain to them the laws (print off a piece of paper with all the laws if you don't know them off by heart, in which case the BASC site will be helpful) and recommend that they either enlighten their children or confiscate their air rifles or something. However, I suppose that paarents who raise such kids are unlikely to listen, so when you do end up having to call the police they'll know who it probably was. :hmm:

You could just put a letter through their letterbox, but that'll probably do nothing. :doh:

The way I would handle it is go round, see the parents, explain to them the laws (print off a piece of paper with all the laws if you don't know them off by heart, in which case the BASC site will be helpful) and recommend that they either enlighten their children or confiscate their air rifles or something. However, I suppose that paarents who raise such kids are unlikely to listen, so when you do end up having to call the police they'll know who it probably was. :hmm:

You could just put a letter through their letterbox, but that'll probably do nothing. :doh:

it is difficult as you say .the perents are just as arrigant trouble is if i confront them it may make things worse they have only got to say somthing stupid like they have seen me leaving the house with a gun then mine will be taken me locked up while they shoot my chimney down

no ones mentioned that if a pellet leaves the boundaries of their garden, then its an offence, phone the police and let them deal with it,

Yeah lower yourself to being a grasser :thumbdown:

If they're being a pain in the arse then have a word with their parents, if they don't do anything then take the gun off them and smash it to bits.

About 7-8 years ago I was walking my wee dogs along the canal footpath. I came across 2 "lads" (ie brats) shooting at newly hatched ducklings across the cut with air rifles. I took the guns away from them and said that I was going to leave the guns at the police station. One of these little scumbags started mouthing off about "My dad . . ." Yer know the crack. I said that for a start his dad was well out of order letting him out with the gun unsupervised. Then it was illegal to shoot at baby ducklings. It is also illegal to shoot across a canal. If his dad wanted to collect the guns he was welcome to do so.

Never heard another word.

Ric

no ones mentioned that if a pellet leaves the boundaries of their garden, then its an offence, phone the police and let them deal with it,

I agree. If they are Chavs then most likely so are the parents, don't get involved in a confrontation and put your own FAC or SGC at risk. After yesterdays tragic turn of events the police will be keen to respond correctly.

If they're being a pain in the arse then have a word with their parents, if they don't do anything then take the gun off them and smash it to bits.

wallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gif That's how you would go about things if you wanted to lose your own FAC/SGC wallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gif