What 3-9x40 Scope is Best quality and price for a .22 Air rifle ?

Hi Aaron mate,

I cant comment as of now mate but in 1997 in Bosnia i had a SMK Chinese Custon Lion i think it was called (under lever cheap thing) with a SMK 3-9x50 scope that i used for pest control and killing some pigens and rats.

The scope lasted me and served me really well buddy not loosing its zero for the whole 6 months tour of duty and was hammered with the heavy recoil of the cheap springer.

I can only think that the newer models of scope have improved since 1997.

Si

Hi, mate.

The lads have covered the scopes, now for the spring.....

Remove the stock, two screws at the forend, one in the front of the trigger guard. Lift the action out of the stock being careful to keep it as straight as possible 'cos sometimes the pins that hold the trigger mechanism in place fall out (quality gear.....). Once the action's out, put some tape around the trigger assy. to keep the pins in place while you're working on it. Remove the small grub screw at the back of scope rail.Remove the pointless bit of plastic that's at the back of the cylinder. You may need an extra pair of hands for the next bit...... Holding the back of the action down HARD against something solid, drift out the large pin at the rear, once this comes free you'll release the tension on the spring and if it's not knackered, it'll push hard and fast 'cos it'll be under about 40mm of pre-load. Once that's free, you can slide the spring and it's guide out.

Finaly, throw the whole thing in a skip and buy an HW95 (JOKE!!!)..... :whistling:

Good luck with it, mate.

Cheers.

P.S. Just remembered something else.... You'll need to make a tool to place inside the rear of the cylinder to take the slack up on where the spring seats on the base of the spring guide. You must do this 'cos the retaining pins cotoured to the back of the guide. In other words, you need to compress the spring by about 5mm or the pin won't come out.

Edited by andyfr1968

I would suggest heading over to www.bsaog.co.uk. That's the BSA owners forum, very good website if you're considering taking your gun apart.

And as for scopes...it's budget dependent. I use Hawke Sport HD scopes, and I'm very happy with them. The 3-9x40 mil dot should be around £35.99.

hi mate, i work in our local gunshop and a good scope you can pick up for £34.95, is the richter optics ,there a good quality mil-dot scope mate and for the money... well not too expensive either ;)

Edited by mooney1

I would suggest heading over to www.bsaog.co.uk. That's the BSA owners forum, very good website if you're considering taking your gun apart.

And as for scopes...it's budget dependent. I use Hawke Sport HD scopes, and I'm very happy with them. The 3-9x40 mil dot should be around £35.99.

Why would he need to do that?

I've just gone through it. Sorry, I've only been fixing the feckin' things for the past 20 years, so I've no clue as to what's what.

Cheers. :icon_eek: