whats the best lamp to use whilst lamping with air rifles

i have been out with my friends lamping with the air rifles,we have had some succes but we have struggled to find a lamp that is powerfull enough and also one that holds the charge for along time without having a heavey battery that you have to lug around with you late at night which defeats the object of lamping with the air rifles.

Try a Deben model mate.

The Atom is supposed to be really good.

I use the Tracer max with a red filter and dimmer switch and thats the dogs nads pal :thumbs:

Si

Hi Spidey,

The lamp you are talking about is called a Led Lenser Hokus Focus in Germany mate.

Yes they are brilliant lights mate, and over 100% brighter than all the Deben Stingers and the Led Rays I’ve seen and used.

My best mate Sergej has got one that he fits to his head on a strap when fishing at night and the battery last up to 120 hours on continuous use.

He used it when we went night fishing and I thought aliens were landing :laugh: LOL.

The beam is around 230 metres and over 3 times what the Deben Stinger shines, and it can go from flood to a tight focus in seconds.

Id say for bunny bashing you would need to fit a red filter mate and turn it down to half flood as the light is so bright on focus it would frighten the hell out of them before you got a shot off.

It would be ace for FAC hunters as it is.

I’m getting one myself to try next month along side my Deben Stinger when I do a bit of bunny bashing in the UK.

If it’s too bright with the filter fitted ill just use it for walking the terrier at night, camping and fishing etc.

Here is the spec of the light:

It only remains to say that our Hokus Focus was awarded the internationally renowned IF Design Award 2008 and is nominated for further prestigious prizes and awards..

Features of the LED Lenser Police Tech Focus (7438)

• High intensity 1.25 watt LED Light chip - 100,000 Hours (11 Years!) no bulbs to replace.

• Speed Focus System - Single handed spot to flood beam.

• Lightweight aircraft aluminium casing.

• Anodised inside & out for added corrosion protection.

• Gold-plated contacts.

• 3 x standard AAA batteries included.

• Water and shock resistant.

• Prism reflector system.

• Case made from solid metal rated at up to 54 on the Rockwell hardness scale.

• 138 gram weight - excluding batteries.

• Durable nylon holster and lanyard included.

• Burn time up to 120 hours.

• Upgraded model now produces 105 lumen

• Beam range 230m.

• Comes with a presentation box.

• Manufacturers Lifetime Limited Warranty!

If you need a torch, then you need a LED Lenser Torch!

Si

post-2627-127557178645.jpg

Edited by zini

Cant suggest any particular make of the top of my head, it's been years since I had a air rifle mounted lamp, (something tracer I think it was called...:hmm: ) but you don't need anything too bright. Basically just something lightweight with a good tight beam IMO.

Edited by maltenby