WELL LADS I TRIED THE SHEEP DIP,IT WAS WELL WATERED DOWN,AND IT DONE THE TRICK,KILLED THE LOT.BUT NOW I HAVE TO GET THEM OUT OF HIS COAT,GOING TO GIVE HIM 2 DRONTAL PLUS,AND GET HIM A FLEE COLLAR AND HOPEFULLY HE WILL COME AROUND AFTER PLENTY OF FOOD LOOKING AFTER AND ROAD WORK,THANKS GUYS :thumbs:

WELL LADS I TRIED THE SHEEP DIP,IT WAS WELL WATERED DOWN,AND IT DONE THE TRICK,KILLED THE LOT.BUT NOW I HAVE TO GET THEM OUT OF HIS COAT,GOING TO GIVE HIM 2 DRONTAL PLUS,AND GET HIM A FLEE COLLAR AND HOPEFULLY HE WILL COME AROUND AFTER PLENTY OF FOOD LOOKING AFTER AND ROAD WORK,THANKS GUYS thumbs.gif

fair play to you captain 2010,check and make sure all the flea eggs are gone,they look like small black grains of dirt,if not give him another wash with flea shampoo or the sheep dip,just out of interest,how much sheep dip to water did you use?hope i never have to use it,but you never know it might come in handy 1 day,cheers......johnthumbs.gif

WELL LADS I TRIED THE SHEEP DIP,IT WAS WELL WATERED DOWN,AND IT DONE THE TRICK,KILLED THE LOT.BUT NOW I HAVE TO GET THEM OUT OF HIS COAT,GOING TO GIVE HIM 2 DRONTAL PLUS,AND GET HIM A FLEE COLLAR AND HOPEFULLY HE WILL COME AROUND AFTER PLENTY OF FOOD LOOKING AFTER AND ROAD WORK,THANKS GUYS thumbs.gif

fair play to you captain 2010,check and make sure all the flea eggs are gone,they look like small black grains of dirt,if not give him another wash with flea shampoo or the sheep dip,just out of interest,how much sheep dip to water did you use?hope i never have to use it,but you never know it might come in handy 1 day,cheers......johnthumbs.gif

WELL JOHN I JUST USED A SMALL AMOUNT EGG CUP SIZE IN A BIG BOTTLE,I REALLY DID DO THE TRICK,BUT DOONT USE TO MUCH OR IT WILL BURN THERE SKIN,VERY SMALL AMOUNT.HE IS WORMED NOW AS WELL,HE IS COMING AROUND TO HIMSELF :thumbs:

As above, road work built up steady, will tighten the feet as much as they are going to, start with gentle gallops as the groung alows. Some will always have flat feet and still run well. If you start now with a gradual increase of exercise, good food and rest then it'll run come next season, it won't be a hundred percent but should improve as the winter goes on as long as you don't over do it.

Good luck sandymere.

Flees don't lay eggs on the dog mate, that black stuff your on about is flee shit.

Flees don't lay eggs on the dog mate, that black stuff your on about is flee shit.

where do they lay their eggs then?always though t they were the eggs as they were in small clusters,you learn something every day,lol,cheers......john

The common cat and dog fleas breed throughout the year. After feeding and mating, the female deposits her eggs, usually on the host. Several eggs are laid daily and up to several hundred over a lifetime. Eggs normally fall off the host into bedding material or similar areas and hatch within two weeks.

Flea eggs accumulate in areas where the host spends most of its time. In addition, adult fleas defecate small pellets of digested blood which also drop off into the environment. A flea comb will often gather this fecal matter at the base of the tines providing a good sign of flea infestation. The combination of white flea eggs and black dried blood specks may appear as a sprinkling of salt and pepper where an infested animal has slept.

Fleas undergo complete metamorphosis, that is, they pass through four developmental stages: egg, larva, pupa, and adult. Immature fleas do not resemble adults at all.

Flea larvae are tiny, light colored, and, worm-like, without legs. They feed primarily on various debris and organic material including the droppings of the adults which contains digested blood. Flea larvae occur indoors and outdoors, wherever the eggs have fallen off the host. In houses, flea larvae live in carpeting, furniture, animal bedding and other protected areas with high humidity. Flea larvae also live outdoors in areas where animals spend time such as under porches in and around dog houses, etc.

Because flea larvae depend on the adult's fecal pellets of dried blood as a food source, they cannot live in lawns or other outdoor areas unless the pet visits those areas enough to provide this food.

Depending on the species of flea and environmental conditions the larvae will pupate in one week to several months. The pupa is contained within a loose silken cocoon which is often covered by bits of debris. Under average conditions, the life cycle of the flea normally requires between 30 and 75 days but may take much longer. Adult fleas inside the cocoon, called pre-emerged fleas, will stay in that condition for weeks to months if no external cues from a host is available.

However, when disturbed by the presence of a host such as vibrations or carbon dioxide from exhaled breath, the fleas emerge simultaneously and attack the host. This is why it is possible to return to a house or apartment that has been empty for months and find it full of fleas.

When the normal host is available, fleas may feed several times a day but they are capable of surviving extended periods of starvation. In household situations, the normal host is a cat or dog. However, if the normal host is removed, starved fleas will readily seek other sources of blood and more often than not, man is the alternate host. In severe infestations, fleas will attack humans even though the normal host is present.

Certain species of fleas have been known to transmit such diseases as bubonic plague and murine typhus. These have never been a major problem. The major problems with fleas is as a nuisance pest of pets. The irritation and itching from flea bites results in scratching and potential secondary infection. Fleas may also transmit the double-pored dog tapeworm to dogs and cats.

Finally, persistent attacks from fleas can cause severe allergic responses in some people and pets. Once sensitized, a single flea bite may produce symptoms including hair loss, usually around the base of the tail, dermatitis, and intense itching. In worse cases, puppies and young kittens can also died from serious fleas infestations.

With proper flea management knowledge, flea problems will not be a big issue and can be battle and win over easily.

Robbed this from another site :whistling:

where do they lay their eggs then?always though t they were the eggs as they were in small clusters,you learn something every day,lol,cheers......john

Flea's spend the majority of their time in the dogs bedding or in places where the dog will often lay, and it's here where they'll lay their eggs as well.

They only jump on the dog to feed.

Flea's spend the majority of their time in the dogs bedding or in places where the dog will often lay, and it's here where they'll lay their eggs as well.

They only jump on the dog to feed.

ok mate i had a bull x greyhound pup once with bad flat feet i put calcium tablets in his food over about 9 weeks an walked him on the roads an his feet came lovely.the calciom was from my local chemist an only cost £1 a pack i just mixed 2 tablets in with his food every day. if you give to much calcium they shit black