Can i just have opinions on this please

When in your opinion would you need to modify the model number of a body that took a photograph .. i mean using one of these exif data programmes that allows some things to be modified

When in your opinion would you need to modify the model number of a body that took a photograph .. i mean using one of these exif data programmes that allows some things to be modified

Before the police and rspca boot your door in and take it from you :tongue2:

Nothing ... i am just concerned about this link that was posted on a forum i go on ... on the face of it it looks ok but i dont think it is .. i was told i was paranoid when the link was posted .. i was told its what other people do ... look at exif data of pics so they can see how the pic was taken

I objected to the modifying part of it... maybe i am paranoid but i simply wondered if the modifying of a camera serial number was something photographers would do ... i mean a perfectly normal reason

http://www.photome.de/home_en.html

Altering the camera serial number is not something photographers do, and I can see no reason at all why anyone would want to. I didn't read much about the software, but does it actually allow you to do this?

When I post images online I always use the save for web option in CS anyway, which strips all the exif info anyway. However, for agency, magazine pics, etc, I always add a copyright notice and my contact details, and depending on the market the pic is destined for, I might spend a bit of time adding keywords & captions at the same time.

Altering the camera serial number is not something photographers do, and I can see no reason at all why anyone would want to. I didn't read much about the software, but does it actually allow you to do this?

When I post images online I always use the save for web option in CS anyway, which strips all the exif info anyway. However, for agency, magazine pics, etc, I always add a copyright notice and my contact details, and depending on the market the pic is destined for, I might spend a bit of time adding keywords & captions at the same time.

Thanks Kathy i have just taken one of my pics & deleted the serial number from the body & replaced it with 1234567890 ... i just wondered why anyone would need to do it.. especially if it was someone elses photo :laugh:

Well I guess that would be why they would only want to do it to someone else's photo because they were stealing it... copyright theft happens quite regularly but most pro photographers accept that it happens and don't lose too much sleep over it becaue it's usually only low-res web images.. However, the photographer will probably have the original file with the correct exif data and a thief would find it difficult to prove that he hadn't stolen it.

Well I guess that would be why they would only want to do it to someone else's photo because they were stealing it... copyright theft happens quite regularly but most pro photographers accept that it happens and don't lose too much sleep over it becaue it's usually only low-res web images.. However, the photographer will probably have the original file with the correct exif data and a thief would find it difficult to prove that he hadn't stolen it.

Thats the only reason i could jthink why someone would want to change the body serial number aslso ...thanks kathy for that :thumbs: