Guest bullterrier

for what you catch i don't think £4.50 a bad price compered to the price of maggots and worms i personly like the rainbow and green in pellet form or the paste ..thumbs.gif ...john

Try mixing it with another paste to make it last you longer.

I have mixed it with pellet paste(crushed up trout pellets and water), sometimes this can be a killer bait on its day and better than powerbait on its own. Mixing it like this also stops it from floating so you can fish it on the bottom. If you still want it to float then just hair rig a piece of cork and wrap the mixed paste around it.

Also try a worm injected with air with a small bit of powerbait moulded around the eye of the hook, it looks like a giant tadpole swimming in the water, this is also a killer method on its day.

You can experiment using different pastes

can any one help?

where abouts is the cheapest place to get power bait from ? its gone up to £4.50 in our local shop and i think there starting to take the mick a bit!

cheers

Dont know the price mate. Depend,s where you but it.Buy the small power balls.Got four rainbow in under half an hour with them.deadly thumbs.gif

Edited by Catcher 1

I have caught Brownies when using worm and powerbait together, but I think it is aimed at rainbows when used by its self.

I have also caught carp using powerbait as a surface bait on the pole and stalking the margins behind reedbeds at a few different venues.

POWER BAIT :icon_eek::icon_eek: what do u need to use that shi* for can u not catch fish with out that get ya self a fly rod

I've got 2, one short one for the rivers and a larger one for on the lakes and reservoirs I can fly fish really well and i make my own fly's , but I hope to master a few different trades not just one

Edited by Teesdale-rabbiter

POWER BAIT :icon_eek::icon_eek: what do u need to use that shi* for can u not catch fish with out that get ya self a fly rod

I've got 2, one short one for the rivers and a larger one for on the lakes and reservoirs I can fly fish really well and i make my own fly's , but I hope to master a few different trades not just one

power bait aint a trade mate stick to the fly i wouldnt be seen using power bait it makes me sick to see people use that shi*

:clapper: :clapper: :clapper: calm down mate. you like to drown worms where as the man with the powerbait likes to catch fish.

and flyfishing some of the small trout fisheries is hardly the hardest sport in the wortld either. you gonna abuse them as well?

its still alot harder than chucking that shi* out and waiting for a bite. i was fishing derwent res the other day and there was balls of power bait washed up all over the bank i think its shocking that they let people use it just my opion