introduced my pup to ferrets

hi all,i have been introducing my 8 week old 3/4 whippet 1/4 bedlington to the ferrets for the last week,she is starting to get a bit confident now,today she was running around playing with the ferrets,sometimes it looked like they were squaring up to each other,the ferret arching his back and jumping around mad and molly chasing him,the thing is should i just let them carry on and have some fun while keeping an eye on them or should i nip this behavour in the bud right away,all comments taken on board,cheers......johnthumbs.gif

hi all,i have been introducing my 8 week old 3/4 whippet 1/4 bedlington to the ferrets for the last week,she is starting to get a bit confident now,today she was running around playing with the ferrets,sometimes it looked like they were squaring up to each other,the ferret arching his back and jumping around mad and molly chasing him,the thing is should i just let them carry on and have some fun while keeping an eye on them or should i nip this behavour in the bud right away,all comments taken on board,cheers......johnthumbs.gif

if your ferret is arching its back and jumping around then its a sign of play,leave em carry on getting used to one another lad.

I agree with super sam. They are all just playing. The ferrets will quite simply bite the pup, if they was not happy with the situation. Keep supervising them, but by the sounds of things, they are getting on fine. Also maybe a plate of lacto free milk will bring them together.

ATB Mike

same as above pal. if i put my ferts in the dog run while i clean them out, then thats what they all do. nothing to worry about, if anything i would say its a good sign. your pup is exactly that, a pup. there going to want to play with there new friends :laugh: just keep an eye on them and make sure they know not to get too excited with each other and all should be fine. thats all i did with the terriers and never even had a wrong look at the ferrets whilst in the field :thumbs:

thanks for the feedback lads,i also have 2 cockers and they showed no interest in the ferrets whatsoever,i suppose my main worry was going out ferreting next season and molly and the ferrets playing around instead of workingwallbash.gif ,my mind is at ease lol,cheers......johnthumbs.gif