Two baby jackdaws

Picked thes two fella's up monday, they dont half make a noise they had to be moved from a Bird of prey nest box and if no body took em on they were gunna be killed. Has anyone had any experiance rearing corvids if so please share your experiance? what would you say is the best corvid to rear?I will post and update so you can see there progress. SO far im enjoying it :boogie: :boogie:

http://s971.photobucket.com/albums/ae195/zachrussell2009/?action=view&current=SDC11011.jpg

For some reason wont let me post image so left a link

Don't give 'em liquidised stuff mate, you'll choke 'em. They want minced meat of various sorts , bit of soaked dry dog food, small chunks of tinned dog food, a few small worms and meal worms. Little and often. Good luck mate.

Guest stewie

Don't give 'em liquidised stuff mate, you'll choke 'em. They want minced meat of various sorts , bit of soaked dry dog food, small chunks of tinned dog food, a few small worms and meal worms. Little and often. Good luck mate.

spot on advice there!!! ive got a magpie and done pretty much the same and its thriving at the mo!!!

i had a jackdaw [bANNED TEXT] i was a kid, amazing bird called him harry he would come [bANNED TEXT] called aswell and nick any ones fags and peck them open had him for about 2 years i used to feed him a bit of mince,dog food even the odd maggot from a fishing trip, there good watch birds asweel go mad [bANNED TEXT] sombody came in the garden, if you want rid of one i would take it of your hands :thumbs:

Did have one as a kid also a magpie.

Long time ago and cant remember what we reared em on!

Both were real tame and flew loose round the garden always came home.

The magpie drowned itself in a waterbutt!

Being the territorial things they are it thought its reflection was a rival!!

I think years ago it was said if you split a jackdaws tongue you could get em to speak?

And before the smart comments come it was more than ouch lol

Edited by masmiffy