which cleaning products to buy for my new .17 hmr

get a 17 rod, borguide and patches. some kg1 cleaning stuff and jobs a good un.

you only need to use the kg stuff when you have done a good number of rounds. just rod it out with patchs for the mean time. till you feel the need to deep clean it

you need to keep the barrel clean, hoppes no.9 is excellent, you will also need a copper solvent too, as the velocity this little pill is doing will leave traces of copper in the barrel, mine guns a bit finiky after cleaning, as i'm sure yours will be...

but if as above you dont clean it, your asking for trouble down the line, and accuracy will be hard to get back once its lost....

Snap.

thankyou all for the replys, i am new to the rimmy scene, i cant get over the power of this small gun?! :gunsmilie: i dont want to lose acuracy as the corvids im shooting are on an airfield and getting to within 120-150 yds is doing very well!!! ill go down the gunshop and get a rod and patches and cleaner tomorrorw and keep in top of it

how often is recommended for cleaning barrell through??

cheers

oli :thumbs:

you need to keep the barrel clean, hoppes no.9 is excellent, you will also need a copper solvent too, as the velocity this little pill is doing will leave traces of copper in the barrel, mine guns a bit finiky after cleaning, as i'm sure yours will be...

but if as above you dont clean it, your asking for trouble down the line, and accuracy will be hard to get back once its lost....

Snap.

:thumbs:

hi i clean my HMR every time i use it ,it is a good habit and satisfying i think and letting it get to dirty a barrel is bad for accuracy on HMRs not only that if you use a mod on your HMR clean it with some powder solvent see what come out then you will answer your own question on cleaning your HMR.

paul