Gary Middleton Lakey

Its just a name. It wont make it look or work any better - if it's what you want then go for it but you could end up paying through the arse for a hyped up show pony... Just my opinion and I respect anyone who doesnt agree!

:thumbs:

FTB

I totally agree that buying a pup from a 'name' is no guarantee of future working success but you will have some guarantees on its breeding and make up. :thumbs:

• Like 2
  • 4 months later...

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some one some were many years ago was walking through some were in the British isles and a flash of lightning and a crack of thunder and low and be hold a terrier appeared . It was black and tan and 1

Garys legacy is his terriers makes me laugh when I read he only breeds show stuff

Posted Images

I bumped it up because i was reading up about lakies and a link brought me to this thread but i couldnt see the pictures so i bumped it so a could come thro the main site and ontp this thread.

Im getting a lakie in the next 4-5 weeks

gary middleton has done more for the working lakeland than anyone else in this country has or ever will -- of late a lot of his gear is show stuff so be it but overall in 40 year or more of putting the effort into the breed i dont think you can knock the man ... his like may never be seen again ..

your right in what you say,he has done more for the working lakeland than anyone,but he hasnt done much for the fell terrier which was allways more suited to work than a lakeland.

gary middleton has done more for the working lakeland than anyone else in this country has or ever will -- of late a lot of his gear is show stuff so be it but overall in 40 year or more of putting the effort into the breed i dont think you can knock the man ... his like may never be seen again ..

your right in what you say,he has done more for the working lakeland than anyone,but he hasnt done much for the fell terrier which was allways more suited to work than a lakeland.

The lakeland Terrier was name after the lakes to work foxs what are you on about
  • Like 1

what about people that have bred fells .......he did`nt do much the jack russell either he left that to the old reverand :whistling:

I am by no means a terrier man but my father Was and he had a white lakie out of Middletons nettle Dnt no wat 1 though and she put me off earth work i was helping my father n his mates digg years ago and as wee broke through lucy was lying dead tangled with a dead Brock n a big half dead 1 in the tunnel behind her and i herd a few guys say most middltons of old lines were bred to kill/or be killed in a hole i was 9 and heart broken and as i said put me off earth work for good

I am by no means a terrier man but my father Was and he had a white lakie out of Middletons nettle Dnt no wat 1 though and she put me off earth work i was helping my father n his mates digg years ago and as wee broke through lucy was lying dead tangled with a dead Brock n a big half dead 1 in the tunnel behind her and i herd a few guys say most middltons of old lines were bred to kill/or be killed in a hole i was 9 and heart broken and as i said put me off earth work for good

part n parcel of terrierwork -- not a nice thing to witness as a 9 year old ...
  • Like 1