hi,what size hariss bipod to people use for sitting/nelling shots?.i am around 6feet tall and my current 9-13 sometimes doesnt cut it at this time of the year with the cover growing and long grass in the silage parks thanks.

hi,what size hariss bipod to people use for sitting/nelling shots?.i am around 6feet tall and my current 9-13 sometimes doesnt cut it at this time of the year with the cover growing and long grass in the silage parks thanks.

Well, I have a 'Harris' Bench Rest (BR) swivel on all my rifles, (x4), but I never use them in 'anger', I have a Stoney Point telescopic bipod, and carry this with me always, cos

were I live if you lay down you can't see more than 25 yards anywhere at any time of the year, so bipods are a complete waste of space.

I only use mine for zeroing and/or checking zero off the bonnet of my truck.

You need to be able to stand with the rifle parallel to the ground stable and 'wobble' free, no bipod can do this.

Range shooters do not 'get it' about this fact, so no need to ask them.

Bipod good, only if shoot toward hill, if no hill is bad idea. Bigger bipod more dangerous, if bullet fly, it go into air possible. I make stick to shoot stand up, then if bullet fly it go down ,hit ground. :doh:

The Harris 12-25 swivel is good sitting/kneeling and can still be used prone, the 13.5-27 swivel Harris is good if you are a little taller but is very difficult for most to use prone! :thumbs:

The thing to remember is the weight of the gun that you are using because heavier the gun and the longer the bipod legs the more flex you will have and wider the distance between the legs too.

I agree with a previous post that at this time of year the ground cover can make a bipod useless. I use a Harris 9-13 swivel and i just take mine off during the summer months and resort to stick's.