• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

yeah they are brilliant thats why so many people use them still nowadays FTB

Posted Images

i have seen a lot of show stuff that are really aggressive with people and dogs, and i have seen kerrys that are really tall like an airedale.

if you just wanted a fox dog in ireland then a first x would probably do the job well they seem to have that do or die terrier mentality and a 3/4 bred would be fast enough for other stuff.

But they would be b*****ds around other dogs this is probably why they arent used as much as the wheaton, spoke to a lady this morning and she had a wheaton pup she told me there are three distinct types of wheaton now im not sure if she meant just their coat types or the way the animal is bred if anyone can put me right on that score i would sleep easier.

I would say the show kerry is a lot more aggressive than a show staffy, i used to go to the championship dog show in darlington every year and the kerry class was full of fighting dogs

Note the wheaten colored pups born in pure blue terrier litters. These to breeds nearly the same thing in the beginning where more different strains than breeds. Only bred for Gameness, The Blue terrier club responsible for creating the Irish kennel club. ¾ of the first shows were dominated by the Blues. The Irish Kennel Club was responsible for creating the Irish Trials for gameness teastes mohr. Because in the beginning this was what they mainly thought about. Then the Blue Devil, wanting the breed to become national dog of Ireland.

thats right, the blues and wheatens were pretty much the same breed at one time, and both became popular show dogs, like so many working breeds, but the blues suffered far worse.

stroller

if you just wanted a fox dog in ireland then a first x would probably do the job well they seem to have that do or die terrier mentality and a 3/4 bred would be fast enough for other stuff.

id say there are many far better options for a proposed litter of lurchers than using a snappy show dog that would have a higher chance of jibbing on tough quarry, than say a working bred terrier bred from proven lines.

But they would be b*****ds around other dogs this is probably why they arent used as much as the wheaton, spoke to a lady this morning and she had a wheaton pup she told me there are three distinct types of wheaton now im not sure if she meant just their coat types or the way the animal is bred if anyone can put me right on that score i would sleep easier

the blues and wheatens have always been a bit agro among other dogs, careful upbringing and handling is needed to avoid trouble... the greyhound in any mix will usually have a calming effect on this aggresion.

we all know there is only 1 type of wheaten, the working type! All others are pretenders, and a disgrace to the origional dogs.

we all know there is only 1 type of wheaten, the working type! All others are pretenders, and a disgrace to the origional dogs.

never a truer word spoken ,thank you ,so glad there some one else that thinks the same way as me.

alryt chris i had a pup of you last year out of heather nitch i fink it was... hows rest of the litter doing mate ?/

Where can one get information or buy a working Wheaton or Kerry, because in America they are not worked, They are all pet dogs, in Europe and Australia too………..sites on internet on selling wheatons are show wheatons. It seems only a few left in Ireland of the real terriers. In 30 years time…. all Irish game terriers will be gone?

Where can one get information or buy a working Wheaton or Kerry, because in America they are not worked, They are all pet dogs, in Europe and Australia too………..sites on internet on selling wheatons are show wheatons. It seems only a few left in Ireland of the real terriers. In 30 years time…. all Irish game terriers will be gone?

I believe there are enough people working wheatens in Ireland/UK to keep them functioning properly into the future, as they saw a rise in popularity in recent times.

they won their battle against the show lot, just, and scraped through the tough times in a diluted state, but their still here! Which is an achievement, as many strains of working dog have been lost forever.

never a truer word spoken ,thank you ,so glad there some one else that thinks the same way as me.

alryt chris i had a pup of you last year out of heather nitch i fink it was... hows rest of the litter doing mate ?/

alright mate ,what i no of are ok ,they 9months old now ,the 1 we kept back got poisend along with my dog mac ,lost the pup but mac is sound, lost me head for abit wanting to kill people,lol hows yours.

I believe there are enough people working wheatens in Ireland/UK to keep them functioning properly into the future, as they saw a rise in popularity in recent times.

they won their battle against the show lot, just, and scraped through the tough times in a diluted state, but their still here! Which is an achievement, as many strains of working dog have been lost forever.

i hold my hands up to the lads that keep this great breed going,they not the easiest breed in the world to look after and keep on top of, im fascinated with terriers and all breeds of working terriers,fcuking book worm in old age lol.

Cris you are you have Kerrys i understand?

no mate i dont ,i dont no of anyone the keeps them for work ,plus they to big for earth work now days and seem to be getting biger,only ever know one man that add one for work and he only add her for rabbiting and thats about 30years ago,its a same really i wasnt around 100 years ago even no my kids think i was lol.

Cris you are you have Kerrys i understand?

no mate i dont ,i dont no of anyone the keeps them for work ,plus they to big for earth work now days and seem to be getting biger,only ever know one man that add one for work and he only add her for rabbiting and thats about 30years ago,its a same really i wasnt around 100 years ago even no my kids think i was lol.

I know of pups from good stuff.

They aren't for earth work anyway,they are for wooling and pulling,if you get me? :boxing:

Noy sure if there is pups left.